Position – BUYER (REGULAR PROCUREMENT)
Exp. – 3 to 7 Years
- Position Summary This position will lead the parts procurement from various supplier located pan India.The scope of activity will range from material planning, scheduling to suppliers, follow-ups and ensure material availability in plant as per requirement. Inventory controlling, material packaging improvement. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Good Knowledge of material manufacturing process (Sheet metal commodity).
- Good Knowledge of SAP system.
- Purchasing of materials, component in line with specified cost, Quality and delivery target.
- Material requirement planning and schedule placing to supplier.
- MRP running through SAP system.
- Ensure 100% timely availability of parts in plant.
- Build, maintain, manage supplier relationship and keep up good communication.
- Follow-up with supplier and ensure OK material availability in plant.
- Ensure min-max stock norms maintain at plant & supplier end.
- Ensure timely delivery of all material in plant.
- Inventory control and stock norms adherence in plant & supplier end.
- Supplier performance evaluation and improvement.
- Quality issue solving in parts and ensure supply of OK parts from supplier.
- Parts packaging improvement from supplier end.
- Cost optimization in packaging & logistics.
- Re-conciliation with supplier on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Visiting to supplier to strengthen the supply, quality and process.
Required Candidate profile
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Production) with a minimum of 06 years of relevant experience, preferably in a Tier-1 Automotive Industry.
- Experience in handling components from commodities like Stamping / Fabrication and Machining. Knowledge of sheet metal development dies etc will be added advantage.
- Ability and readiness to travel (15 days a month)
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with drawings, specs, testing, material and manufacturing processes.
- Strong written and verbal communications in English
- Advanced PC skills (MS Office / Internet / E-mail) are a must. Exposure to working in an SAP environment would be an advantage
Company Profile – Tenneco Automotive
Formed from the combination of Tenneco Clean Air and Federal-Mogul Powertrain, the new Tenneco will bring together more than a century of innovation to serve light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway and large engine OE customers worldwide. By building more efficient, more powerful and more sophisticated powertrain systems, Tenneco’s engineered solutions improve fuel economy and power output, and reduce criteria pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.