Position – R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER I
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product
- New product design and development and Sustenance support for Engineered Polymer Solutions (EPS) and Wire and Cable (WNC) value streams for Aerospace and Defense BU
- NPD and Engineering support for EPS and WNC products used and sold to the Aerospace and Defense markets
- Designing, prototyping, and testing concepts and support new product launches
- Ensuring new designs meet functional and safety requirements and are compliant with industry standards (MIL, CE, UL, Low Voltage Directive, EMC and RoHS and REACH).
- Supporting the team in coordinating the mechanical /electrical aspects of other projects within the department.
- Communicating and resolving technical issues for legacy product with internal and external customers.
- Preparation of electrical test and product specifications for new product development.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales and PIC teams on Electrical and Conductor enquiries globally.
- Work with global counterparts to support on sustenance engineering activities
- Managing and Executing engineering changes
- Investigate and advise on new and replacement test equipment.
- Technical report writing.
- Support product training as required.
What your background should look like:
- BE/ B.Tech (Mechanical, Mechatronics or relevant domain.)
- Practical/Hands on approach to electrical engineering
- 2 to 4 years of experience and hands-on working in on electro mechanical design.
- Strong proven track record in engineering
- Hands on experience in plastic part design
- Ideally a knowledge of High Voltage Wire and Cable Products including Partial Discharge.
- Ideally a knowledge of High Speed Data Cables, RF and Category Cables etc.
- Experience with electrical equipment development from concept to industrialization (VOC, DOE, FMEA) – Preferred
- Ability to work as a Team player
- Basic knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
Onboarding & Orientation
Professional Development Workshops