Position – Product Engineer II
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers, or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
What your background should look like:
BU / FUNCTION DESCRIPTION
DnD offers a broad range of products used across data communications & consumer applications, providing extensive options for customers & the opportunity to consolidate their supplier base
The Product Engineer is a key member of the New Product Development project team. The primary roles of the Product Engineer are to design the connectors to meet customer requirements by utilizing engineer skills and through collaboration with other function teams.
- Responsible for connector product development/extension and maintenance of the existing product
- Work closely with customer/sales/PM in getting the right and clear VOC, creation of engineering proposal
- Follow up with TE LeanPD process, provide concept/design and feasibility study, engineering documentation, drawing/spec / necessary engineering documents release and archive.
- Work with VAVE team, apply engineering best practice to reduce cost and sustain exiting products to meet customer’s cost targets.
- Technical support or respond to customer
- Judging manufacturing deviations and make decisions on deviation acceptance
- Support and implement product extensions according to customer requirements
- Support CPR/CVM model set up, create/modify/release drawings
- BE/ B.Tech (Mechanical, Industrial & Production)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the connector industry related to new product development or maintenance. Related CPU socket experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge about molding, stamping, plating, and auto assembly processes
- Experience in design for manufacturing (DFM), design for cost (DFC)
- Knowledge in material usage, industry standard, and international application
- Knowledge in basic quality techniques
- Proficient at CAD/Cero software
- FEA simulation skills will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Basic knowledge of machining, molding, stamping, plating, assembly process
- Ability to understand customer requirements & offer engineering solutions
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills. Willing to communicate proactively in order to correctly understand customer requirements and conveying engineering information.
- Effective problem-solving skills, willingness/ability to deal with multiple assigned tasks.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat, and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups