Position – Product Engineer I
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
What your background should look like:
- Perform activities concerned with design, development & testing of electro mechanical components/ products / systems for Aerospace & Defense markets.
- Conceives original ideas for new products and ability to develop them into practical and economicalmodels.
- Define specifications, perform engineering analyses, makes preliminary sketches and proveconcept in prototypes and testing.
- To work closely with the Global Engineering team in design of new product for global customers by meeting timelines and providing innovative solutions.
- To keep abreast of new technologies, materials and processes and use the information to initiate cost saving or product enhancing projects.
- To contribute to achieving departmental targets – specifically ‘Delivery on Time’ targets for development and sustaining activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 to 4 years experience in New Product Development preferably in Aerospace, Automotive or Industrial Domain Industries.
- Expertise in Creo/Solidworks software. Good Knowledge in PDM windchill & PLM software.
- Good Knowledge and thorough understanding of manufacturing processes like Molding, Stamping, Plating and other Metal Forming and plastic miniaturing processes. manufacturing process.
- Experience in design tools such as GD&T, DFMEA, DFM, and Tolerance Stack-ups.
- Experience in Product Design involving Plastic and Sheet Metal parts.
- Knowledge of statistical process control methodology, DFSS is an advantage.
- Product Testing & Qualification for new products.
- Product knowledge on connector is an advantage.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation