Position – BIW Simulation Engineer
Company – Tata Technologies
Exp. – 2 to 6 years
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Position Title SIMULATION Engineer- Body in White Simulation
Objective of Position
A Body in White Virtual Manufacturing Engineer with experience in manufacturing feasibility, enabling robust design and manufacturing assembly before component manufacture is required to work long term either offshore or onsite for a leading Automotive company.
Grade – L1.1/L1.2
Responsible For (if managerial)As a Body in White Virtual Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for Virtual Manufacturing techniques to enhance the ability to improve safety, quality, delivery, cost, re-usability, and the environment.
- Act as technical mentor for the team and solution engineer.
- Manage digital product/process analysis deliverables in alignment with product development timing plans
- Manage simultaneous Engineering (SE) partner resources to meet the VM deliverables
- Manage the simulation and tooling design plans, allocate timing and resource requirements
- Validate SE partner tooling and cell designs
- Validate SE partner tooling design and simulation as part of manufacturing buy off-Product and process manufacturing Feasibility analysis-Support process planning (interface between process and simulation)
- Body in White Manufacturing process development and tooling design.
- Re-solve change management queries and answer queries
- Offline/Online Programming Skills and Experience
- Buy-off the delivery of supplier tooling design and Simulation
- Buy off the delivery of supplier off-line programs-Experience in the following software applications:
- Rob CAD, Catia V5, AutoCAD, Team Center, Microsoft Office, and process simulate
- Controlling project documentation ensuring tooling design and simulation delivery from vendors
- Carry out the acceptance, release, capture, and solve the feedback issues
- Experience in ergonomic principles and simulation
- Experience in automotive assembly BOM/BOP structures Per sonal
- Ability to work to high quality to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and manage priorities
- Can work in isolation requiring minimal intervention from client/onshore Co-ordinator
- Able to solve assembly sequencing problems
- Good communication “ both verbal and written English
- Experience of using Team Centre Dig buck / Vis Mockup to visualize components and vehicle systems
- PC literate in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of legacy JLR/Ford systems (AIMs,WERs, GSPAS)
- Experience of using Rob cad and Siemens Process simulate software for creating cell design.
- Ideally qualified to diploma/degree level in manufacturing or mechanical engineering
Experience 3-6 years