Position – BIW Engineer
Company – Tata Technologies
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Title: Sr Design Engineer Body Structures
Area of Responsibility
This position is responsible for establishing, planning, and running the engineering sub-system meetings to ensure appropriate cross-functional representation and input from all relevant areas. You will have responsibility for:
- Ensure progression of design maturity from initial concept through to Engineering Sign-Off and design gateways
- Establishing and maintaining the teamwork plan aligned to the vehicle program
- Ensure the sub-system meets Cost and weight Targets
- Ensure Regulatory compliance of the Subsystem.
- Define appropriate system-level engineering targets to meet function, quality, and attribute requirements of the Vehicle Program
- Develop and maintain the design validation plan (DVP) including both in-house and supplier testing plans and ensure development signoff tests are completed on schedule.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all Validation issues.
- Develop System Design Specifications incorporating engineering standards, test procedures, and material specifications.
- Lead Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA, quality history reviews development tests.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation as per ISO& quality standards.
- Lead the resolution of design, attribute, or packaging incompatibilities through the appropriate cross-functional meetings.
- Support Purchasing team in Sourcing and RFQ activities.
- Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical)
- Ensuring the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery
Knowledge / Experience – 3 to 9 Years
- Proven project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery in line with time, Cost, Quality & attribute targets
- Proven experience in development and/or integration of at least one and preferably more in BIW Structure, Underbody – Front End. Front Floor, Rear Floor assembly Upperbody, Sealing,
- Engineering knowledge of defined component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements,
- Excellent communications skills demonstrated the ability to communicate at all levels
- Liaise with supplier, Manufacturing, CAE& Validation Teams.
- PC Literacy: Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc
- CAD Literacy: Ability to generate CAD data and Master sections in CATIA V5
- Niche Skills like – Step simulation, Tolerance stack-up calculation, Bolt Calc, etc
- Significant experience in the use of engineering tools FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution, etc.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector.
- Minimum BE/B. Tech in Mechanical/Production/ Automotive Engineering
- Upper body
- BIW Structures, front End. Front Floor, Rear Floor assembly Upperbody, Sealing.