Position – Plant Incharge
Company – SuperGas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Roles and Responsibilities
Overall Responsibility of Specific Filling Plant
- Cost and Efficiency Management, Cost, and efficient management of production capabilities.
- Cylinder Transportation for related Markets
- Location Safety Head
- Effective Safety Management in Filling Plants, compliance of OHSP
- Safety of Franchisees/Transporters/Franchisee Supplied Customers for Related Markets
- Statutory Activities related to Filling Plant
- Public Relation with Appropriate authorities in district/districts.
- Customer Service Related Issues
- Manpower motivation, Team building.
- Manpower planning and Training.
2. Relevant Tasks and Specific Activities for Each Task – Direct Responsibility
1. Overall In Charge of Filling Plant: The Plant Manager is overall in-charge of Filling Plant activities including Production, Maintenance, Personnel, Administration, Safety, Customer Service, and commercial activities. Finance & statutory requirement.
2. Filling Plants: Planning of production as per the Sales Forecast. Planning of Bulk LPG along with Logistics officer. Monitoring and analyzing performance parameters and taking corrective actions towards improvement, Achieving-filling cost/MT viz targets. Reviewing Plant SQC records and reporting abnormal gas returns. Approval of all Plant Bills within Budget. Manpower Resource Planning. Compliance of all Company SOPs. Monitoring of Gas Gains. Strict Control over Stock/Inventory management, statutory compliance, commercial & Finance management related to the plant. Corrective action towards improving and maintain cylinder health.
3. Maintenance: Having a well documented Maintenance Management System and Planning Equipment Preventive Maintenance Schedules. Ensure NIL major breaks down.
4. MIS: Preparation and Analysis of the MIS of the filling plant, Report on the performance of the filling plant, statutory.
5. Training: Training needs for Customer Service and PR Areas of Filling Plant Staff. Ensure that all plant personnel including the cylinders transportation crew are trained enough in their respective field.
6. Safety: Location Safety Head. OISD Safety Audit and Compliance of Filling Plant. Planning Safety Calendar related to Filling plant Activities. Implementing internal and external mock drills. Participating in District Crisis Group. Preparation and Up-gradation of On-Site and Off-Site Emergency Plans. The signing of deviations with respect to SHV Gas Standards 1 & 2.Implementation of all external safety audit recommendations and learning points and SHVGas Standards. Update to management on areas of improvements related to Safety.
7. In-Land Logistics: Directly responsible for ensuring Filling Plant Related Service Deliverables are ensured with the most efficient cost. Conduct analysis and update to management for increase/decrease SD cost. Vendor Identification and Development of Cylinder Transporters. Cylinder Transporter Evaluation and Rating. Emergency Response for Cylinder Transport Accidents Incidents.
8. Statutory Issues: Directly Responsible for all statutory Compliance of Procedures, Licenses, Public Relations related to Filling Plant. Implementation of all statutory audit points being conducted by our internal staff like HR, Legal, finance department, etc. Responsible for coordinating for carrying out all testing/certifications of the equipment. As per provision of Fact. Act and CCOE.
9. Customer Service: Ensure Customer Orientation of Cylinder Transporters and Franchisees attached to Plant.
Ensure Customer orientation of Franchisee attached to plant, service Orientation of Packed & Bulk Transporter.
10. Cost Management: Analysis of Costs with Suitable Recommendations and corrective Actions related to Filling Plant.
11. Analysis of plant consumables: All plant consumables need to evaluate on monthly basis to minimize waste by taking corrective actions.
12. Productivity: Analysis and increasing productivity, reducing ideal inventory and analysis of the defects generations. Analyze Plant productivity and corrective action towards enhancement. Disposal of non-usable items as per SOPs twice in a year.
13. HR and Personnel: Defining the Objective for the Team and Self Half-yearly, Appraisal of the team and Self and report to Business Support Head Operations / Manager HR, Manpower planning and recruitment – Operators for fp subject to Approval, and Responsible for filling plant staff.
3. Relevant Tasks and Specific Activities for Each Task – Facilitate – Support
a. Filling Plants – Support in overseeing Contract Filling Plants such as Safety Audits, Statutory Audits, etc. Support on Bulk Transport Scheduling issues.
b. Vendor – Identification, Development, and Management – Facilitate OEM development for Filling Plant Equipments
c. Training – Define Budget for training Programmers, plan and develop well-defined training programmers for the team (Internal / External), Develop Training Program for new recruits ( Officers and Operators ) Facilitate Training needs for Franchisees, Cylinder Transporters, and Contract Filling Staff.
d. Safety – Co-ordinate Support to Technical Team on a need basis related to markets around Filling Plant. Territory
e. Statutory Issues – Support to Franchisees for Compliance.
f. Customer Service: Facilitate basic customer service support to Franchisees in related markets.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Designation : Plant Incharge
- Reporting To: Regional Operations Head
- Experience: 5-6 yrs for B.E./ B.Tech – Mechanical, Electrical & Power systems.
- 8-10yrs for Diploma – Mechanical, Electrical & Power systems.
SHV Energy Private Limited
About the Company
SHV Energy Pvt Ltd in India is known by its brand name SUPER GAS. SHV Energy India is a 100% owned subsidiary of the family-owned Dutch business group SHV Holdings NV. The Group was established 120 years ago and is operational in 41 countries, employing around 60,000 people with a yearly turnover of around EUR 18.6 billion.
SHV Energy, the flagship company of the group, consists of a group of specialized energy companies providing homes and businesses with decentralized energy solutions and services.
In the latter half of the twentieth century, SHV Energy invested in Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). LPG is recognized as one of the cleanest available conventional fuels. Besides LPG, SHV Energy also offers Liquified Natural Gas (LNG), LPG, and Biomass. The combustion of these fuels produces far less CO2 than coal or oil. SHV Energy is also developing solar thermal panels to provide hot water and space heating for homes and businesses.
The aim is to reduce emissions and create business growth by switching customers from solid fuels to lower-carbon solutions, and eventually to renewable energy solutions. The target for 2025 is to reduce five million tons of CO2. Compared to 2015 this would result in a 25% decrease of CO2/kWh distributed.
Established in India in 1996, SHV Energy Pvt Ltd with its brand SUPER GAS has emerged as a leading LPG player by providing efficient energy solutions to Customers through 450+ dedicated franchisees, 3 terminals, and 22 Filling plants spread across the country. Maintaining the coveted CRISIL rating no-1 since inception is a testimony of SHV’s network, safety, and infrastructure. SHV’s success is based on our customers, our partners, and our people. We are known for our professionalism, business ethics, strong values, and commitment to customer service.
Contact Company: SHV Energy Private Limited
Address – 8/2/334, SUPER GAS HOUSE,4RTH FLOOR, SDE SERENE CHA, MBERS, BEHIND TV 9 OFFICE, ROAD NO 7, BANJARA HILLS, Hyderabad, Telangana, India