Position – Project Engineer
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions
The Project Engineering team is responsible for the mechanical design of custom membrane and conventional water and wastewater systems. In this role, the Project Engineer will assist the North American team in the various execution responsibilities listed below and will liase with them to deliver to quality, schedule and budget targets and communicate proactively so that project risks are mitigated.
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Mark-up and check engineering drawings including PFDs, P&IDs, equipment general layout drawings, and plant layout drawings (drafting of these drawings will be performed by separate Mechanical Design team).
- Perform required calculations to size and specify equipment, including (but not limited to) plant hydraulics, piping, chemical feed systems, vessels/tanks, pumps, filters/strainers, mixers, blowers, compressed air, and chemical feed systems.
- Review and interpret customer specifications for equipment selection and complete equipment data sheets as required.
- Work with procurement to specify, evaluate bids, and approve vendor documentation for rotating equipment, heat exchangers, chemical feed equipment, major subsystems, minor equipment, and piping components.
- Prepare fluid schedule, pipe service matrix, equipment list, manual valve & minor equipment list, and piping line lists as required.
- Engineer systems in compliance with engineering principles, customer standards and specifications, contractual requirements, and local applicable codes.
- Experience in solids handling technology, products, and systems
- Experience in gas handling technology, products, and systems
- Provide technical support to activities involved in the specification, procurement, fabrication, installation, and operation of specified project related equipment and designs.
- Experience in material selection diagrams, material selection with fluid compatibility
- Preparation of piping material specification and valve material specification.
- Hands-on experience in ASME codes and standards, API codes, and standards.
- Ensure that all engineering designs, bills of material and technical data are completely and accurately documented by reviewing associated engineering drawings and SAP system entries.
- Meet Quality Management System (QMS) requirements for project execution and documentation including participation in Process Validation, Design Review, HAZOP, and Release for Fab meetings as required.
- Interface with execution team (other Project engineers, Mechanical Designers, Process Engineers, Electrical & Instrumentation Engineers, Project Manager) to ensure accurate and timely information transfer and issue identification and resolution.