Position – Lead Project Engineer
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related technical discipline.
- 12 or more years of experience in a related engineering field – experience in water & wastewater treatment design is preferable.
The Project Engineering team is responsible for the mechanical & piping designs of Water treatment plants, Effluent treatment plants and ZLD systems with advanced technologies. In this role, the Project Engineer will assist the South Asia team in the various execution responsibilities listed below and will liase with them to deliver to quality, schedule and budget targets and communicate proactively so that project risks are mitigated.
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Mark-up and check engineering drawings including PFDs, P&IDs, equipment general layout drawings, and plant layout drawings (drafting of these drawings will be performed by separate Mechanical Design team).
- Perform required calculations to size and specify equipment, including (but not limited to) plant hydraulics, piping, chemical feed systems, vessels/tanks, pumps, filters/strainers, mixers, blowers, compressed air, and chemical feed systems.
- Review and interpret customer specifications for equipment selection and complete equipment data sheets as required.
- Work with procurement to specify, evaluate bids and approve vendor documentation for rotating equipment & static equipment (eg. HX, crystallizer, etc.), heat exchangers, chemical feed equipment, major subsystems, minor equipment, and piping components.
- Prepare fluid schedule, piping material specs, pipe service matrix, equipment list, Valves (Auto/Manual/control, etc.,) & minor equipment list, and piping line lists as required.
- Engineer systems in compliance with engineering principles, customer standards and specifications, contractual requirements, and local applicable codes.