Position – Senior Reliability Engineering
Company – SPX FLOW
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Will be responsible for achieving overall reliability targets of components and systems in the organization. Should identify and implement reliability road maps for SPX Flow products . Also, will be responsible for integration of Design for Reliability (DfR) processes in new product development (NPD).
Will be responsible to implement Life data analysis for different product of SPX Flow leading to accurate estimation of Mean time between failure (MTBF), Optimum warranty period and estimate warranty costs . Provide solution to increase reliability of products (Existing and NPD), reduce failure of components, reduction of warranty costs and increase in the length and coverage of warranty.
Will also be responsible for Accelerated life test planning and execution like ALT, HALT and HASS. Co-ordinate with different global sites, Product manager, NPD managers, test bed in charge, Engineering leads in defining and implementing reliability goals and road maps.
Coach, mentor and guide other reliability engineers in achieving organization’s reliability goals. Identify their needs and requirement and provide training and support to them.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary responsibility will be to identify and achieve overall reliability targets of components and systems in the organization.
- Implementation of Design for Reliability process in the product development activities along with reliability road maps for SPX Flow products
- Should be able to use product life data to determine the probability and capability of parts, components, and systems to perform their required functions for desired periods of time
- Will be responsible for leading multiple reliability projects. Be part of review meetings for NPD stage gates, VAVE, and SUSTAIN projects in defining reliability parameters and warranty periods
- Will be responsible for the formulation and implementation of a reliability model, reliability matrix analysis, reliability prediction/estimation for the SPX products.
- Will be responsible for calculations of Life data analysis, Mean time between failure, and cost of warranty for SPX products.
- Will be responsible for Accelerated life test planning and execution like ALT, HALT, and HASS along with other reliability testing’s
- Propose mitigations like design changes, maintenance cycles, training by which risks can be lowered and controlled at an acceptable level. Get agreement on final, acceptable risk levels, possibly based on cost and benefit analysis.
- Closely work with different global sites, Engineering managers, product managers, NPD managers, testbed in charges, and Marketing leads in formulating and implementing reliability targets for the respective products.
- Coach, mentor, and guide other reliability engineers in achieving the organization’s reliability goals. Identify their needs and requirement. Provide training and support to them in achieving the project targets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven track record in the field of reliability engineering
- Experience with failure analysis techniques. Has used the physics of failure approach to understanding static and dynamic failure mechanisms with the use of modern Finite element Analysis software.
- Experience with reliability data analysis and Statistical data analysis. Deep knowledge of reliability engineering analysis like Failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), Fault tree analysis, dynamic reliability block diagram analysis. Should be able to interpret FEA and CFD reports.
- Proven experience working with test labs for reliability activities. Has to hand on experience with accelerated life testing like HALT and HASS
- Has good experience in using reliability software’s like ReliaSoft, Relex (Windchill Risk and reliability), Weibull++, XFMEA, Blocks
- Experience with product life cycle and new product development processes.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both oral and written. Be able to articulate and present the reliability information, data, and reports to the stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills as well as strong project management skills and ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BE/MTech in Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Mechanical Engineering from recognized institute
- Minimum 10 – 15 years’ experience in Reliability Engineering. Should have exposure in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Exposure of reliability testing and Accelerated life testing (HALT, HASS)
- Added advantage if a member of the American Society for Quality Reliability Division (ASQ-RD) or society of reliability engineer (SRE) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)