Position – Industrial Gas Turbines, Auxiliary Mechanical Systems Engineer
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Member of Acoustic Package Coordination team. Responsible for arranging regular meetings within all internal interface partners. Participating in reviews and gates.
- Responsible for design and preparation of specifications for Air Intake system, Silencer, Enclosure, Anti Icing system, Exhaust system, ventilation
- Involved in most of the Fault reports in the technical area assigned. Decide the system strategy. Take an active part in creating and sustaining the road map for the system.
- Be active in benchmarking knowledge internal / external Siemens. Shall aim to be the one with best knowledge for the systems function and detailed design.
- Checking the vendor bids and providing Clarifications, technical vender negotiations. Vendor evaluation including risk assessment and support the commercial selection. Checking of vendor design and documentation. Supporting the detailed design by vendors. Support purchasing to find best total cost solutions.
- Giving & Working on Cost savings ideas.
- Document and drive implementation in PLM2020, SAP. Release and maintain reference documentation in COMOS, PLM2020, Team Centre or related databases
- Provide field/site support if required, Support during warranty/Service Support after warranty
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
- 3 to 10 years of relevant engineering work experience
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Proactive and Solution Oriented. Ability to Pull inputs and interact with interface partners.
- Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
- Understanding of painting and welding requirements. Knowledge of Welding requirements and materials for hot components (gas turbine exhaust gas system, heat exchangers)
- Knowledge of relevant international codes & Standards including environmental legislation, Wind/Seismic codes, Hazardous area requirements, HAZOP etc
- Knowledge of mechanical design of enclosures and its fabrication including time schedule.
- Design/system design for heat exchangers
- Knowledge to use COMOS
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time