Siemens Limited is hiring | Plant layout Engineer |
Position – Plant Layout Engineer
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for a challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Define, design, and optimize Interdisciplinary planning of various buildings /structures of Power Plants
- 3D modeling/planning of equipment, fictive rooms for access, maintenance and erection, nozzles for piping connections, and HVAC components.
- Generation of General arrangement plans, Load Plans, Fire and escape route plans, HVAC plans, Erection & maintenance concepts, and laydown plans, equipment list, Technical RFQs and specifications, technical verification of vendor/supplier documents, and Project MDL list.
- Review documentation of Steam/Gas Turbine, Generator & their auxiliaries and mechanical component drawings w.r.t location, elevation, and interfaces with civil, electrical, and piping.
- Identify and fulfill contractual requirements relevant to Planning, Design, and Execution
- Perform inter-disciplinary coordination on a day-to-day basis & follow up on the closure of open points
- Participate in concept review, interdisciplinary review, Design reviews, and other drawing/document reviews
- Responsible for Own System for Time, Quality & Material (Time Schedule, Revision Rate, Change Management, HOLD Management). Support the Engineering Planning & Controls for the Project.
- Support in problem-solving of site issues / commissioning issues.
- Supports standardization, innovation, and Sharing of Lesson Learnt / Best Practices in own technical field
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate with 2-8 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of Power Plant process and knowledge about Power Plant Layout aspects – Plot Plan, Plant Buildings Layout, Layout of main components, Component knowledge.
- Knowledge in Erection & maintenance concepts and laydown plans
- Understanding of Ancillary Systems e.g., HVAC, Fire Fighting, Cranes, etc.
- Basic understanding of piping, electrical and civil planning
- Understanding of Project Contract contents, Time Scheduling, and Progress mapping/reporting in order to meet the contract requirements and keep the project within cost.
- Conversant with relevant Indian and International codes & standards. Conversant with guidelines followed in Power plants.
- Well-versed with AutoCAD, E3D, PDMS, and Navisworks.
- Attitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Good communication skills and team player. Positive attitude and ability to persevere under pressure.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time