Siemens is Hiring | Mechanical Systems Engineer |
Position – Industrial Gas Turbines, Auxiliary Mechanical Systems Engineer
Company – Siemens
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented.
You will be responsible for preparation of detail design, standard technical specifications, request for quotation (RFQ) documents , erection & maintenance manual for Medium Gas Turbine Mechanical systems, like Acoustic Package, Air Intake system, Enclosures, Fire Fighting & suppression system, Gas detection system, Ventilation system for the selected Gas Turbine package. The job includes working on fault reports related to the component or package and improvement of standards.
The position will be based in Gurgaon, India, in the global challenging technical environment in the Global Customer Operations, Mechanical Systems department. One has to closely coordinate with the Mechanical Systems department in Finspang, Sweden Majority of the tasks will be in Research & Development but may extend to Customer Projects and site support.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Member of Acoustic Package Coordination team. Responsible for arranging regular meetings within all internal interface partners, Customer Order engineering and Suppliers. Participating in reviews and gates.
- Responsible for design and preparation of specifications for Air Intake system, Silencer, Enclosure, Anti Icing system, Exhaust system, ventilation
- Responsible for Design and preparation of RFQ documents of Fire extinguishing system CO2 & H2O and Gas detection system. Understanding of Fire Fighting & Suppression system (detection, extinguishing)
- Involved in most of the Fault reports in the technical area assigned. Decide the system strategy. Take an active part in creating and sustaining the road map for the system.
- Be active in benchmarking knowledge internal / external Siemens. Shall aim to be the one with best knowledge for the systems function and detailed design.
- Checking the vendor bids and providing Clarifications, technical vender negotiations. Vendor evaluation including risk assessment and support the commercial selection. Checking of vendor design and documentation. Supporting the detailed design by vendors. Support purchasing to find best total cost solutions.
- Giving & Working on Cost savings ideas.
- Document and drive implementation in PLM2020, SAP. Release and maintain reference documentation in COMOS, PLM2020, Team Centre or related databases
- Provide field/site support if required, Support during warranty/Service Support after warranty.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds:
- Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
- 3 to 10 years of relevant engineering work experience
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Proactive and Solution Oriented. Ability to Pull inputs and interact with interface partners.
- Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Understanding of painting and welding requirements. Knowledge of Welding requirements and materials for hot components (gas turbine exhaust gas system, heat exchangers)
- Knowledge of relevant international codes & Standards including environmental legislation, Wind/Seismic codes, NFPA,Hazardous area requirements, HAZOP etc
- Knowledge of mechanical design of enclosures and its fabrication including time schedule.
- Design/system design for heat exchangers
- Knowledge to use COMOS
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Site ( Gurgaon). You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.