Position – Mechanical Engineer – HVAC System
Company – Siemens
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Overall responsibility for the execution of the complete Mechanical Building Services scope for Transmission projects.
Commendable understanding of HVDC and/or FACTS technologies and knowledge of Substation projects
Complete responsibility to design and develop HVAC and layouts & interdisciplinary coordination that mainly includes:
- Knowledge of Heating ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC)and a successful track record of delivering detailed designs to the highest international standards.
- International projects experience & exposure of international Standards like ASHRAE, SMACNA, etc.
- Prepare HVAC system concepts, descriptions, P&IDs, technical data sheets, technical specifications etc.
- Performing design calculations (Cooling and Heating load, pump sizing, natural ventilations, duct size and pressure drop calculation, pipe sizing, auxiliary power consumption, etc.) and well conversant with Equipment selections like AHU, Chiller, VRF, fans, pumps, etc.
- Heating system design- both electrical and hot water based
- Duct/pipe/ HVAC cable tray Layouts and section drawings preparation (2D & 3D) for proposal & real projects based on customer specification.
- Prepare, review, and validate Bill of material for tenders and real projects.
- Performing engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final design, and engineering calculations.
- Evaluating design drawings and calculations for HVAC, piping and mechanical systems to satisfy target requirements throughout the design process and contribute to content and direction.
- Technical data sheets verification of primary equipment. Knowledge of primary equipment, such as Package Ac units, ducting, grills, Sound attenuators, electrical and control system, etc.
- Planning of inter-disciplinary meeting with internal as well external customer as required.
- Vendor Offer Evaluations, FAT / SAT participation as and when needed.
- Technical risk and opportunity assessment and validation
- Estimation of engineering effort for each project development and continuously innovate ideas to reduce Engineering effort with quality.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment
- Managing projects independently
- Addressing & solving various types of Site issues.
- B.E. / B. Tech/ M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 5-12 years of relevant work experience.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal skills and willing to work in inter disciplinary teams.
- Hands on experience in Autodesk tools- Inventor, Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come and the opportunity is to work with teams focused to the purpose.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 300,000 plus minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.