Position – Mechanical Engineer – Battery Energy Storage Systems
Company – Siemens
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Ensuring the highest standards in engineering supporting the solution business of Siemens Ltd. worldwide. Should be a phenomenal teammate to engage in a fruitful collaboration with the business partners. Supporting international projects in the regions and on site in a self-reliant style.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented.
- As a Mechanical Engineer in Batter Energy Storage Systems, every day is not the same in your multicultural team. You will be responsible with your colleagues for the development of the best-fit-solutions in Energy Storage for our global customers and make a significant contribution to the energy transition. With our Siemens Energy-wide collaboration, we combine various sustainable solutions to increase our customer happiness.
- As an expert in energy storage for batteries, power conversion systems (PCS), and controllers, you will be an important contributor in developing best-fit solutions for our global customers. You will play a crucial role in energy transitions, working closely with colleagues from different disciplines to combine sustainable solutions for the green shift.
- As a mechanical engineer, you will play a critical role in creating the technology and machinery that power our world. This includes designing, developing, and maintaining mechanical systems, equipment, and machines.
- By contributing to design, production, testing, we will ensure that the batteries provide reliable and efficient energy storage for our global customers.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have strong understanding of mechanical systems and principles.
- If you have experience with manufacturing process and material, it is beneficial.
- If you have experience with CAD software and/ or rapid prototyping, it is beneficial.
- If you have experience with design of interdisciplinary systems with electrical, thermal, and mechanical constraints, it is beneficial.
- Experience in battery technology for storage application is a plus.
- Basic know-how about standards, regulations, grid codes and market requirements.
- Open minded and flexible to transfer technical requirements to competitive design & execution solutions.
- Good communication and presentation skills and a self-organized way of working in an intercultural environment.
- Willingness to travel (nationally and internationally).
- Fluent in English (mandatory); German skills are a plus.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Chance to work on and lead a variety of innovative projects.
- Opportunity to develop and take on a new role in our company.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Site ( Gurgaon ). You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.