Position – Proposal Engineer (Reciprocating Compressors)
Siemens Technology India
- The primary responsibility of a Proposal Development Engineer is to develop Proposals for Siemens’s a customer/client base encompassing the following:
- Review the Client’s Request for Quotation (RFQ).
- Prepare complete technical proposal, including the scope of supply, P&ID’s, data-sheets, performance curves, comments to specifications, and inspection & test plans, leveraging the proprietary tool suites.
- Perform equipment selections including drivers and auxiliary systems using selection tools as applicable for the product line.
- Review and comment on the Customer’s Technical Specifications with support as needed from Operations engineering.
- Interface with multiple operations to calculate project costs, schedules, and scope of supply
- Maintain the proposal databases as appropriate.
- Directs integration of technical activities, products, and services, including vendor-supplied equipment/services in regional proposals in a timely manner to meet proposal deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, select engineering programs
Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with a concentration in turbomachinery or related process equipment.
- Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering Degree from an accredited higher education institution or equivalent work experience
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at www.siemens.com/careers
About the company
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators, and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions, and services address the extraction, processing, and transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.