Siemens Gamesa is hiring | Wind and Sites Analysis Engineer |
Position – Wind and Sites Analysis Engineer
Company – Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
For our LO&SI (Loads & Sites) team within the LO&P (Loads and Performances) Unit in Product Integrity & Technology Engineering department we are looking for new colleagues to work with us as a sites engineer. Main mission of sites engineer is to prepare, analyse and evaluate the main wind parameters in order to analyse the suitability of the wind turbine generators or to calculate the energy production.
This position has a strong interaction with other engineering disciplines, mainly with loads, aerodynamics and control, but also with teams in the mechanical unit. As a consequence, the profile counts with an overall understanding of main disciplines involved in wind turbine operation, i.e.: loads, aerodynamics, sites, mechanical, and others.
Proper achievement of these functions involves good field data analysis, being able to process wind turbine data and analyse it for identification of possible solutions for the wind turbines.
- Performing suitability analysis, energy yield assessments and noise studies for the wind farm projects.
- Re-evaluation of wind conditions/updating to the current state of the art at the existing sites for turbine upgrades, re-powering and site specific issues.
- Analysis of wind measurement campaign, compared to long-term meteorological data, e.g., data from adjacent weather stations, to assess whether the site will be suitable for the erection of a wind farm.
- Defining site specific turbine configurations and operational modes for the wind turbines.
- Wind data processing and analysis.
- Verification of environmental conditions in wind farms according to the Standard IEC 61400-1.
- Prepare site suitability reports.
- Design of wind turbine layouts: micrositing and optimization.
- Analysis of the terrain and orographic / roughness maps.
- Wind farm noise studies.
- Performing site specific load calculations
- Cooperate in the design of control, operation and safety strategies evaluating and verifying the wind turbines loads.
- Cooperate with the team lead in the specification and development of new technical procedures/methodologies or tools needed to improve the team performance and knowledge.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- To have an Engineer Degree in Physics, Aeronautics, Mechanical or Structural.
- To have relevant technical experience (around 2-3 years) and solid knowledge in atmospheric sciences, sites specific assessment or wind simulations.
- You have used any of the following programs: Wasp, WindPro, WindSIM, SwaT, FarmView
- Additional training (master or complementary courses) in wind energy.
- Knowledge about wind turbine design standards.
- Experience in field data handling for machine operation analysis, ideally wind turbine data analysis, processing data coming from different sensors.
- To be proactive, a good team player, persistent and self-driven, with good communication skills
- To have teamwork skills and ability to work in a cross-department matrix environment.
- To have initiative, analysis skills, self-motivated, self-improvement, willing to learn, emotional intelligence and ability to team-work.
- You have full professional competence in English.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.