Siemens Gamesa is hiring | Mechanical Design Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team. Plans, calculates, designs, develops, tests, and modifies experimental and/or operational mechanical concepts or subsystems.
- Develops mechanical components.
- Tests mechanical components.
- Identifies and selects components, materials, parts, and semi-products appropriate for mechanical system design.
- Creates mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechanical design concepts.
- Calculates and creates final layout including documentation and specification for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintains technical product files.
- Analyzes existing development procedures and suggests improvements.
- Implements or tests design solutions.
- Upgrades the design of existing devices by adding mechanical elements.
- Analyzes localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly.
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering
- Total Experience: 3–8 Years (2 years of relevant experience in Wind Industry Preferable)
- Experience in developing concepts & executing detail designs for Lifting, transportation, preassembly, and installation tools of wind turbine Mechanical components/assemblies.
- Extensive experience in design and development of medium to large steel structures.
- Experience in simple load path calculation while concept development.
- Create 2D drafting of Sheet metal / Weld fabrication / Assembly drawings of wind turbine generator components in Siemens NX.
- Good Understanding of the PLM process through Team-center.
- Experience in the design of Bolted, Welded, and Sheet metal components.
- Good Understanding of GD&T/GPS tolerance system and tolerance stack up of mechanical components and assemblies.
- Good Understanding of DFMEA & Design Risk assessments is Preferable.
- Having fundamental knowledge of Wind turbine Structure.
- Well-versed in communication within a team and capable of on-time delivery with 100% quality in critical work pressure.
- Create a bill of material, Material Master, and inspection specification of wind turbine components as per Siemens standard practice.
- Prior working experience with Siemens design practice will be an added advantage.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are in every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework, and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.