Position – Package Designer (Reciprocating Compressor )
Company – Siemens Energy
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Location – India, Gujarat, Ahmedabad
Organization – Transformation of Industry
Business Unit – Compression
Full / Part time – Full-time
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience min. designing of systems, 3D model developments, component design, and cataloging of piping, for rotating equipment systems.
- Knowledge – B31.3 / B 31.3 piping design
- Must know AutoCAD and be able to work independently to develop General arrangement Drawing / Piping Plan/piping isometric / Supports etc
- Expertise in 3-D modeling of packages on Inventor / PDMS / PDS is preferred. Exposure of Piping stress analysis on K pipe / CESAR
*Thorough knowledge of consultant’s piping specifications with Valves, industrial piping design & fabrication
- knowledge & exposure to international standards/code like ASME / ASTM / API / AWS, relevant to Piping.
- Preparation of – piping components specification for procurement, piping drawings, and MTO
- Experience/ Exposure to work with & interpretation of technical specifications of – renowned consultants like EIL / TEIL / UHDE / LTC / Technip / Shell DEP / ARAMCO / PDO etc
- Basic knowledge of – Rotating equipment compressor/ Pumps & other Mechanical items, engineering calculations, interpretation of engineering drawings
- Reading and Preparation of Package Engineering drawings like P&I Diagram, General Arrangement, Foundation Plan, piping plan and piping isometric drawings.
- Expertise’s working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, SAP and Team Center to facilitate project execution Computer knowledge with hands on experience in Microsoft Office
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of a production planning and schedule-based environment
- Result Oriented Person overcoming all Internal and external hurdles
- Follow and Maintain all Quality and Safety Norms within Organization
- To develop engineering 3D Models using NX 11.0, PDMS in Teamcenter environment for rotating equipment packages, balance of plant systems, piping, structural, tubing designing, etc (Package and system related models/drawings for rotating equipment like Reciprocating Compressors /Turbine/Expander systems, process systems, equipment’s, consoles/aux systems, hookups, skids etc. in compliance to Siemens energy standard and within applicable specifications.)
- Models, drawings, and designs shall be based on the client’s / consultant’s requirements, order specifications, and other applicable technical specifications, formats, etc. Generation of catalogs and management of PDMS system similar to PDMS Admin Role.
- To provide back-office engineering support for engineering, drafting, and document control activities for different Siemens Energy operations globally and also Workshop, Vendor, and Client site support basis project need
- 3D model development for equipment and systems including piping, piping supports, valves, structures, instrumentation, hook ups. (NX11 / PDMS)
- To prepare engineering specifications of Piping material/ valves for procurement
- Package design on AutoCAD (General arrangement/layout/cable layout etc.)
- Piping design, routing, piping GA & Isometric drawing preparation with MTO
- Development of PID in Comos / AutoCAD
- Development/piping Isometrics, structural design drawing, and MTO (Bill of Material)
- Interpretation of simulations studies and implementation of study results (Stress Analysis, Pulsation analysis etc.)
- Basis calculations for pipe, sizing, pressure drops and other ripping related sizes
- Liaise with client / Consultant – for technical matters, drawing approval, 3-D Model review
- Support fabrication and packaging at Siemens shop / site
- Exposure to ERP System i.e. Oracle, SAP etc. will be added advantage.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society