Position – Mechanical Systems Engineer – Single-Shaft Turbo & Recip Compressors, Engineering
Company – Siemens Energy
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Review comments and exceptions to client specifications, identify deviations from standards, and estimate commercial impacts if compliance is required.
- Develop process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) utilizing COMOS for gas and liquid systems.
- Develop and coordinate technical information from systems for consolidation into overall project documentation – utilities, cable lists, instrument setpoints, etc.
- Conduct engineering calculations for the sizing and selection of systems components, such as control valves, safety valves, filters, accumulators, tanks, heat exchangers, and pumps.
- Prepare technical specifications for auxiliary systems to obtain suppliers’ offers (RFQ) and evaluate of suppliers’ offers.
- Coordinate with sales/proposals teams, procurement, quality, and suppliers for any technical clarifications and with the project execution team for technical handover
- Worked and coordinated design configurations across multiple engineering platforms and locations and delivered a unified engineering solution for a project.
- Innovate, creatively apply lessons learned, and implement cost-effective solutions for proposal support, requirements management, and order handover, that prevention-conformances during Project Execution
- Support measures that yield year-on-year Engineering cost-productivity benefits in both Proposal and project Execution phases
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline or related field
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Rotating Equipment for Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, and other process Industry applications, achieved through a combination of positions in engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, Proposals, and/or Procurement
- Experience in designing compressor auxiliary systems like lube oil consoles and gas seal panels
- Experience with the application of API 614, API 692, NACE, ATEX, ASME, and local country codes for projects from major oil and gas operators.
- Cost out or estimating experience for lube oil systems and seal gas systems panels, including related engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier costs
- Excellent written, verbal communications, and presentation skills. Proficiency in the English language is required.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
“Let’s make tomorrow different today”is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification, and solutions for Subsea business.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.