Position – Dy. Manager – Product Engineering
Company – Siemens Energy
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Create 3-D models and drawings of components / assemblies for D-R/Siemens Steam Turbines
- Convert old 2-D drawings to 3-D models using NX11
- Should conversant with steam turbine constructional details
- Hands on experience in 3D modeling and drawing for steampath components like bucket, wheel, diaphragm, shaft, rotor assembly
- Follow D-R engineering & drafting standard practices; Provide drawing updation and revision control
- Migrate original Metric revision drawings into NX as per latest drafting practices.
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Handle in confidence the drawings and / or trade secret information of D-R products.
- Support productivity improvement and establish best practices for modeling and drafting activities within stipulated time-period;
- Recording and tracking of engineering hours utilized for various projects;
- Electronic transfer of drawings, documents and data with D-R Global Operations
- Preparing 3D Catalogue with Drawing Illustration and Bill of Materials
- Exposure to Oracle and/or SAP BoM will be added advantage
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience in steam turbine component design, 3D catalog creation for steam turbine or any other rotating equipment’s
- Working knowledge of NX11 & Globus TC11; Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Hands-on experience on Steam Turbine components like Turbine Casings, Rotor, Buckets, Steam Chests, Valves, Bearings will be preferred
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, SAP, and Team Center to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively, etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Ahmedabad. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come. We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow. Find out more about Siemens careers at www.siemens.com/careers