Position – Design Engineer – Vehicle Integration (2-5)
Company – Schwing Stetter India Private Limited
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
- Conceptual design, 3D model & detailed design engineering for fabricated parts, sheet metal and vehicle integration.
- Good knowledge in Full vehicle design & calculations.
- 3D Modelling, Preparation of BOM, Drafting with GD&T
- Structural design, Selection of OEM components, Engine installation & packaging.
- Exposure of preparation of Proto machine test plan/ DVP.
- Proficient in ProE/ Creo and PLM Software
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare 3D models, Assembly drawings, Fabrication drawings, sheet metal drawings, and BOM for new design & improvement in-design improvements.
- Full vehicle 3D CAD integration.
- Coordination with the proto shop during new product development & validation.
- Preparation of test plan/ DVP and participation in the machine field test.
- Bill of Material and release activities through IOM.
- Processing of ECR and releasing of ECN & documenting.
- Spare parts manual and operating manual preparation support.
- Reviewing and freezing the technical specification and drawings of OEM components.
- Review and refine the current design into an improved one.
- Maintaining design data and QC reports.
- Conceptualization skill
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with internal department personnel, Customers, and Vendors.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management skill
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have hands-on experience in designing mechanical equipment using CREO or Solid Edge software.
- Strong knowledge of design office best practices.
- Engineering design calculation, material selection.
- Study field failure and suggest resolving the issues.