Position – Designer-Sr.
Company – Schlumberger
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, IN
The Senior Structural Designer is expected to be adequately qualified in 3D and 2D cad software TEKLA, PDMS, E3D/BOCAD and capable of 3D modeling and 2D drafting work. He should be able to quickly adapt to the Cameron/Schlumberger standards and procedures to deliver a quality product. Knowledge and exposure to E3D Design and Draft will be considered as an added advantage
- Study and understand the structural scope of work and quickly become conversant with Cameron/Schlumberger procedures and standards.
- Modeling and Detailing knowledge of both offshore and onshore projects based on client and process requirements, as well as knowledge of relevant industry standards.
- Produce 3D model, 2D GA drawing, Fabrication detail drawings, and various reports by meeting client and Company standards.
- Perform regular 3D model checking and stage base Clash check-in TEKLA/PDMS/E3D/BOCAD using reference models and resolve as applicable.
- Effective implementation of Change management and Revision Control.
- Import and export of reference model to TEKLA, PDMS & E3D/BOCAD
- Participate in design review and implement the changes of 3D model structural deliverables.
- Should be able to work in both metric and imperial units.
- Assigned tasks will be executed with limited supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required to fulfill the project and business needs.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- When delegated, must be able to complete the tasks with company and client standards and quality requirements.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- 8+ years relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry, offshore and onshore.
- Knowledge of relevant Industry Standards. (API, ASIC, BS, EURO and other international detailing knowledge)
- Experience in 3D modeling and Detailing of the oil and gas industry both offshore and onshore structures and Skids.
- General knowledge of oil and gas production, hydrocarbon processing, and oil/water separation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Team player with a flexible attitude.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook and approach.
AutoReqId – 64915BR
Title for Posting – Senior Structural Designer\
PSA/Division – MPS (PF)
Division – PRS – MPS (Midstream Production Systems)
Job Discipline – Technology
Employment Status – REGULAR
Basin – APME (Asia Pacific & Middle East)
Country – India
State/Region/Province – Tamil Nadu
City – Coimbatore
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.