Position – Senior Designer (Structural)
Schlumberger India Technology Center Pvt Ltd
Exp. – 6 to 8 years
- The Senior Structural Designer is expected to be adequately qualified in 3D and 2D CAD software TEKLA and PDMS and capable of 3D modeling and 2D drafting work. He should be able to quickly adopt to the Schlumberger standards and procedures to deliver the quality product. Knowledge and exposure to E3D Design and Draft will be considered as an added advantage.
- Study and understand the structural scope of work and quickly become conversant to Cameron/Schlumberger procedures and standards.
- Modeling and Detailing knowledge of both offshore and onshore projects based on client and process requirements, as well as knowledge of relevant industry standards.
- Produce 3D model, 2D GA drawing, Fabrication detail drawings and various reports by meeting client and Company standards.
- Perform regular 3D model checking and stage base Clash check in TEKLA/PDMS/E3D/BOCAD using reference models and resolve as applicable.
- Effective implementation of Change management and Revision Control.
- Import and export of reference model to TEKLA, PDMS & E3D/BOCAD
- Participate in design review and implement the changes of 3D model structural deliverables.
- Should be able to work in both metric and imperial units.
- Assigned tasks will be executed with limited supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required to fulfill project and business needs.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- When delegated, must be able to complete the tasks with company and client standards and quality requirements
- Required Candidate profile
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- 6 to 8 years relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry, offshore and onshore.
- Knowledge of relevant Industry Standards. (API, ASIC, BS, EURO and other international detailing knowledge)
- Experience in 3D modeling and Detailing of oil and gas industry both offshore and onshore structures and Skids.
- Gener al knowledge of oil and gas production, hydrocarbon processing and oil/water separation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Team player with a flexible attitude.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook and approach
- Preferred Qualifications
- Extensive work experience in TEKLA and PDMS modeling and detailing of OFFSHORE and ONSHORE structures, Skids & Platforms.
- Hands-on in E3D/BOCAD is preferable
About the Company
A tradition of excellence and innovation
Schlumberger is the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We¢¢re also a leading employer in our sector¢”with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 140 nationalities bring.
We employ over 120,000 people and work in more than 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today¢¢s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that¢¢s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you. Further information about Schlumberger can be found at www.slb.com
DATA & ANALYTICS: Schlumberger is embarking on a multi-year corporate transformation. The Data and Analytics group is focused on the implementation of Data and Analytics solutions to enable the corporate transformation and has been identified as a key pillar in the Global IT strategy, a platform for transformation and enablement into a modern and mobile workforce. Schlumberger is seeking qualified candidates to join the Data and Analytics team.
Its Pune center is key to this transformation. Schlumberger believes that the Pune center will become the cornerstone of its digital transformation and the hub for its business systems service delivery, data and digital delivery with a strong capability of sustaining, solutioning and innovation. The Centre will stand for the highest standards in Software Engineering and Application Development and Maintenance within the company.