Position – Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Sanmina Corporation
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Duties of Position:
- Cost effective designing for Plastic, Sheet metal, Die casted parts & electromechanical Product assemblies using Solidworks & Creo. It includes utilizing Solidworks PDM & PRoE wind-chill.
- Generate conceptual design, engineering calculations & detailed design for extensive range of products and solutions across various business segments.
- Designing parts that are feasible for manufacturing process like Injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, die-casting and all surface treatment process.
- Providing specification analysis, component selection and product structure organization.
- Deliver complete and accurate detailed design drawings as required for fabrication with GD&T, assembly and installation, which meet project requirements.
- Generate documentation including design specifications, custom part drawings, engineering Bill of Materials, common feature drawings and process flows.
- Activity management with intercompany resources and outside vendors in support of prototyping, fabrication, assembly and verification testing for international standards.
- Supporting multidisciplinary project activities. Support prototype builds and engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Applying Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) techniques on both new and existing products to produce optimal design and manufacturing solutions.
- Interact with customer on weekly project status updates, evaluation of the projects and technical documents.
- Maintaining a professional, cooperative relationship with both the customer and internal disciplines in order to provide superior levels of technical service.
- B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 6-8 years mechanical design and development experience; Minimum 3 years Solidworks & Creo experience is required.
- Knowledge in tooling (Injection molding, Press tools & Die casting), machining, surface treatment & metal fabrication process.
- Experience in material selection for plastic, sheet metal, die-casting, fabrication & machining.
- Experience in tolerance stacks up analysis.
- Knowledge in ISO13485 process and experience in product compliance standards like IEC60601, IEC60529, ISO10993 & IEC60068.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel & Power point.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Stress/Thermal/Vibration Analysis experience desired.