Position – Production Technologist
Company – Sandvik
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Title: Production Technologist, Inserts Press Shop
No. of Vacancies: 2
Job ID: R0049967
Full time /Part-Time: Full time
Regular /Temporary: Regular
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world’s major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8,000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. We are part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. Our belief is that sustainable success is a team effort and with our profound knowledge of metal cutting and insight into the varying challenges of different industries, we strive to develop innovative solutions in collaboration with our customers, to meet both current and future demands.
We are seeking for people who are passionate in their work and possess the drive to excel to join us.
To achieve production targets as defined by a superior.
Key Performance Areas:
- Achieve the agreed targets on Production, Quality, Productivity and Lead times (Throughput times) with Manager.
- Produce daily production on the machine
- Work towards improvements in the methods related to production and in process inspection in line with the department’s quality system with the objective of improvements in quality and productivity.
- Maintain a High Level of Cleanliness on the shop floor.
- Follow ISO9001, guidelines for Quality Management systems.
- Follow ISO 14001 Guidelines for Saving resources and conserving energy.
- Follow ISO 45001 guidelines for safe working practices and occupational health.
- Follow EHS Systems.
- Formulate PM Schedules. Conduct PM Of machines.
- Involvement in the breakdown maintenance of respective machines, independently or in the presence of engineering services personnel.
- Ensure conformance to safety practices on the shop floor.
- Improve the productivity of the Pressing machine by effective Utilization of machines and resources w.r.t. to P168 report. (Ref the group avg and more)
- Assist in training of operation and maintenance of PIB.
- Ensure discipline is maintained in the shop.
- Implement the procedural requirements of QMS & EHS.
- Ensure to maintain the inventory of Spares and consumables required.
- Raise Hazards and near misses as and when found
- Participate in CI Hour and identify improvement projects and be part of CFT
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 01 to 05 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with windows Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Competencies required at Sandvik level:
- Align and abide by core values
- Exhibit leadership qualities result driven self-awareness improvement-oriented and people-oriented capabilities
Competencies required for the role:
- Quality Awareness – Identifying conditions that might affect the quality of a product or service.
- Technical & Professional – Having achieved a satisfactory level of performance in specific technical/professional areas.
- Judgment – Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources, Constraints, and organizational values.
- Collaboration – Working effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems
This position will report to Production Engineer.
Sandvik offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
Please send your application by registering on our site www.sandvik.com/careers and uploading your CV against JO No. R0049967 before January 09, 2023.