Position – Engineer – Design R&D
Company – Sandvik
Location – Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
About Sandvik Group:
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to find the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: think one step further, and then take it!
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading supplier in equipment, tools, services and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Our application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing, and screening, loading, and hauling, tunnelling, quarrying, and breaking and demolition.
This job is product design and development of rock tools within Mining and Construction applications. The role will actively participate in R&D product development projects, provide support for global engineering projects, visit mining and construction sites for product testing, work in CAD platforms for faster product development and interact with manufacturing engineering for close collaboration for development activities.
To our Rock Tools division and the R&D department in Patancheru, we are now looking for an Engineer – Rotary Design to join us.
The role will coordinate and work together with the product line function in understanding business requirements and support product development.
To be more specific, your main responsibilities to handle in this position are:
- Ensure Environment, Health, and Safety standards are being practiced at the workplace.
- Support EHS development activities and contribute to EHS culture development.
- Implement QEHSSA management systems in the working environment.
- Carry out design & development activities for Rotary bit products for Mining applications.
- Strong knowledge of design engineering fundamentals in mechanical engineering and tools design.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes involved in making tool products
- Hands-on experience with CAD tools e.g., NX & Team Center for carrying out design activities
- Should be capable to produce Quality product designs, drawings, and documents
- Prepare work instructions, procedures, and product validation documents.
- Able to independently work on design engineering projects.
- Ability to work with global engineering teams.
- Interact with manufacturing and participate in manufacturing development projects.
- Visit customer sites based on the need to understand product development requirements and performance feedback.
Mechanical engineering graduate with minimum 3 years of experience in the engineering industry. Candidate should have experience in product design preferably from the mining & construction industry. You have previously worked with strong EHS-cultured organizations, and you understand the importance of a diverse workforce and collaborative settings
Competencies that we find necessary are:
- Proficient communication skills to deal with internal functions and global functions.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective Planning & Implementation
At Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions, we believe that our diversities form a strong foundation for achieving great results, and we’re equally proud of our manufacturing roots as our future vision to set the industry standard.