Sandvik is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – Sandvik
Location – India
Job Title: Design Engineer
At Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology India Pvt. Ltd. (Part of Sandvik Group), we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
As a Design Engineer you are responsible for supporting the design activities in Current Product Engineering, New product Development Engineering and Order based Engineering activities for the Screens division mainly Lahti PA. You are required to create CAD models / manufacturing drawings, BOM for sub-systems engineering assemblies, layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications used in screening equipments.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborate with product and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology trends.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Creation of 3D model designs to meet the defined functional requirements of the product
- Design to be simple, engineered to reduce cost and selecting appropriate materials
- Good in designing fabricated structural weldment including bolts
- Exposure to standards on materials and safety for the design
- Creation of manufacturing drawings including sizing of welds as needed
- Creation of BOM / ECN for release of drawings for production
- To be able to verify design using basic principles of strength of materials / engineering mechanics
- Perform design calculations for design verification
- Develop sub-system designs and make component selections
- Perform engineering related activities like supplier interaction, field visits
- Provide engineering support to sourcing / production teams
You have a university degree in Mechanical engineering and between 4-6 years of experience into Mechanical Engineering Design and Development mostly in heavy machineries viz., rock crushing, screening machineries. You have the needed relevant experience – some of them are listed below.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Solidworks – 3D modeling and detailing
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, team members and other business units
- Knowledge of Unigraphics NX / Teamcenter is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of using calculation tool (Ansys, OptiStruct, Solidworks) is also a added advantage
You fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a business which has been around. You value the opportunity to work with both in-house R&D as well as with customers all around the world. You possess the ability to comprehend complex technical concepts quickly and focus on priorities. Experience in screens products with exposure towards mining/construction or heavy machinery industry data is regarded as a merit. The ability to speak and write in English, as well as the willingness to travel, are prerequisites in this job.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion. We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development.