Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Rambøll
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Are you passionate about engineering/construction and do you want to be part of a large international consulting firm that is constantly developing where you will help organize your own tasks? Ramboll is looking for a technically ambitious and skilled mechanical engineer for our Chennai location.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
Great responsibility and professional sparring
In Ramboll you will perform versatile and exciting tasks for large international companies. You will work independently and have your own areas of responsibility . At the same time, you will become part of a highly professional environment with talented and committed colleagues, where sparring is paramount.
Ramboll is a knowledge-based company where you, with your strong technical skills, contribute with valuable solutions while providing targeted sparring and establishing close professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
Your professional skills and wishes for personal development will be part of the organization of the tasks. In this way, you are helping to shape the way for an interesting and challenging work life .
Experienced mechanical engineer
You have an education as mechanical engineer (Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical or equivalent degree from recognized university) and have at least eight years of practical experience with engineering/construction assignments pertaining to Power plants. We also expect that you:
- Are experienced in SolidWorks
- Are experienced in 3D software like Revit, Autodesk Plant 3D
- Are experienced designer of 3-D assembly models
- Are experienced designer of 2-D production drawings for mechanical systems and steel structures, as well as good knowledge of design standards
- Have good analytical skills and can design machinery and structures independently
- Have good experience with Mechanical components pertaining to power plant (like Valves, drums, etc.)
- Have good creative skills pertaining to laying out of Power plant facilities and Process / Petrochemical / Downstream Oil and Gas industries (Layout experience)
- Have good knowledge with CAD requirements (3D and 2D)
- Have good knowledge of materials used in the Industry, international codes and standards to be followed
- Communicate fluently in English, both in writing and orally
- Thrive in the role as engineer, as well as being part of a larger department
- A Good team player who communicates well, open / transparent and takes initiative – Interpersonal skills to be able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Take ownership and responsibility for his / her deliverables.
- Work Independently with minimum supervision and least support from others.
- Are flexible and Willing to learn and grow.
You are proactive , energetic and are motivated by creating results both independently and with others. It is important that you are outgoing and want to meet different people, cultures, companies and industries. In the position as mechanical engineer you will have plenty of opportunities to work with various types of machine installations and constructions.
Planning and reporting will be part of everyday life, and will be done primarily in Chennai, India.
- Timely delivery of projects with right quality, within budget and schedule.
- Minimize client complaints.
- Coordinate within team and other departments and projects to minimize quality errors claims.
- Continuously improve methods and lessons learnt to optimize client value.
- Efficient utilization of resources.
- Compliance with Ramboll Values.
- Should add value to projects.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse – we invest a lot in the development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in India
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working across five offices in India applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘apply’ below. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be processed continuously, and you will be invited for an initial interview if we think there may be a match. We kindly ask you to apply for the position through our online recruitment system where your personal data are stored properly.