Position – Senior Engineer – Quality
Company – Quest Global
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest-growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger, and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as trusted partners for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
- Read and understand the Engineering and Manufacturing drawings
- Understand all GD&T symbols, able to read and interpret reference Inspection supporting documents
- Need to understand Work Instructions, SOPs, Technical instructions, and other inspection planning documents.
- Should advise and define validated measurement strategies using the Ist principle or other automated measurements such as CMM etc.
- Hands-on exposure in Layout inspection of machined components.
- Hands-on exposure to using inspection instruments like Vernier Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gauge, Profile projector, Bore Gauge, Contour Tester, roundness tester, etc.
- Should have performed PFMEA and control plan for aero components
- Advise on the First principle measuring Instruments & Gauge R&R
- Experience/knowledge in APQP, PPAP, LEAN & 5S management
- Good Knowledge on First Article Inspection Report preparation (FAIR) and Last Article Inspection (LAIR)
- Should carry out and have hands-on experience in SPC analysis ( QC 7 tools)
- Analysis of report out from the CMM
Key Leadership Competencies and Soft Skills
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus
- Problem-solving ability
- Logical Thinking
- Effective Time management
- Assertive & Result oriented
- Open Minded with objective thinking
Key Technical/ Professional Competencies
- Good knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Well-versed with Engineering & manufacturing drawings
- Expert in interpreting the GD&T (standards ASME Y 14.5,)
- Knowledge in Measurements system analysis ( MSA)
- Hands-on experience in using all types of Measuring & Testing equipment, both contact-non-contact and Analog – Digital
- Able to perform Root cause analysis and implementation of problem-solving techniques
- Awareness of aerospace engine products
- Awareness of aerospace quality requirements
- Exposure to the Aero industry is preferred
- Awareness of aerospace/auto quality requirements (AS9100, various ISO )
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum hands-on experience in Manufacturing Engineering 2-4 years
- Should have a background on Quality Management Systems
- Green Belt certification in any Quality initiative would be added advantage
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Willing to travel to the Customer site & their Suppliers, as required
- Proactive approach and work in a fast-paced environment
- MS Office tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Analysis tools: Minitab14 and above
Additional Skills but not Mandatory:
- Experience in VBA coding is added advantage
- Awareness of CMM programming
- Proficiency in the Japanese language
- B.E/B.Tech/BS-Mechanical Engineering
- Full Time-Regular
- Entry Level
Total Years of Exp
- 3 – 6