Quest Global is Hiring | Mechanical design Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Design Engineer O&G
Company – Quest Global
Location – Belgaum, Karnataka, IN
Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest-growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger, and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Background: This requirement is for a world leader in downhole tools for upstream applications. It is required to provide Sustaining Engineering support to downhole drilling tools viz. Motors, Directional drilling. Logging, Measuring etc. The Mechanical Engineer shall resolve requests related to Product / Service Enhancements, Field Failures – Reliability improvements, HSE – Safety / Compliance, Cost Avoidance, Manufacturing floor issues, Non-Conformances, and Component Obsolescence Management Support across the downhole product portfolio.
- Own the assigned problem. Review inputs and understand requirements
- Conduct Preliminary technical investigations and propose a solution – Technical approach and Project Plan
- Implement engineering changes based on agreed approach and plan. Activities include – Perform root cause analysis, Create concepts, Design Calculations, Define Validation approaches, Create Design Report
- Implement the design changes, review updates to drawings & procedures
- Participate in technical reviews with SMEs / Product Leaders
- Experienced in Drawing reading, hand calculations, engineering design, awareness in engineering analysis/ FEA
- Examples of typical tasks that need to be undertaken:
- Investigate and provide solution to resolve Pre-mature erosion of Drive Shaft
- Design update for the rotor catcher to replace the drop ring design
- Material Spec. ABC is obsolete and replaced with updated Spec. XYZ
- New solution to increase shear strength of pin
- Desired Skills:
- Candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Key will be to operate seamlessly with Engineers across geographies. Demonstrate cultural alignment with Global teams.
- Required Skills (Technical Competency):
- Experience of Oil and Gas Drilling Systems Products will be an added advantage
- Experience of Design Change process
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing / Assembly requirements
- Experience of using appropriate GD&T methods
- Ability to conduct simple strength calculations
- Knowledge of materials, its wear characteristics, corrosion properties will be an advantage
- Experience working using SolidWorks (preferred) or any other tool
Education Type – Associate Degree-Mechanical Engineering
Job Type – Part Time – Regular
Experience Level – Mid Level
Total Years of Exp. – 3 to 6