Quest Global is hiring | Mechanical Design Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – Gas Turbines
Company – Quest Global
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest-growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger, and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
- Support the Design & Development activities related to various Large, Medium and Small Gas Turbine Aero engines.
- Working in a significantly challenging work environment.
Typical Activities expected to be performed by Design support Engineers:
- Design & Development of Aero / Marine Engine Components / Sub-assemblies / assemblies
- Requirement Analysis
- Concept Generation
- Trade-off Matrix
- Mechanical Hand Calculations (Good understanding of the Life calculation of the Component )
- Engineering productivity (Re-Engineering, Alternate material )
- Service productivity
- Product performance Management
- Non Conformance Management
- Static & Dynamic Analysis
- GD & T
A proactive, energetic individual with:
- In-depth knowledge of gas turbine aero-engines, engine components, and their function.
- In-depth understanding of gas turbine fundamentals.
- In-depth knowledge of part drawing reading and GD&T concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of working on various engine systems e.g., oil, fuel, air, bleed, etc.
- Knowledge of the purpose and functioning of different LRUs in engine operation.
- Knowledge of various inspection methods including Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques.
- Knowledge of various types of repairs which can be applied to components.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing techniques and their application during the component repair.
- Knowledge in engine assembly/disassembly and build shop.
- Understanding of various delivery excellence and quality control systems.
- Bachelors in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering specialization with a strong academic track record.
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience in Aviation Engines / Turbomachinery / Aircraft product and Customer support Engineering, Design, or Repair activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proactive and able to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to make quick decisions.
- Able to take calculated risks.
- Promote the culture of Accountability, Change Championship, Teamwork, and Customer Focus.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Global Mindset.
- Good knowledge on modeling tools like Unigrapics
- Good knowledge of FE Analysis tools like Ansys
- Good hands-on experience in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and similar tools), and Adobe.
- Knowledge of AS9100/ ISO9001 and Six Sigma Tools will be an added advantage