Position – Solid works Automation Engineer
Company – QuEST Global Engineering
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Would you jump at the chance to design cutting-edge technology in the Oil & Gas field with the support network of experienced leadership behind you? Have you been waiting for a chance to apply your engineering know-how to come up with innovative solutions to engineering problems? If you are fatigued with bureaucracy, and monotonous CAD keystrokes, come and be part of our design team.
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 11,000 problem solvers from 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but rather, we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
We are a growing, new team with ambition and excitement. Experienced managers in Delivery will be supporting you and the new team to manage the work and deliverables. You will have help, but this is a place to innovate. You will have new customers and are encouraged to design new solutions to engineering challenges. You are empowered to make decisions, but with support from your leadership when you need it.
The successful candidate is expected to evaluate, implement and create CAD automation solutions. The design solutions will be for the Oil & Gas components and will include database handling. In addition, you will be the face of QuEST to your customers. Listen to customer’s problems, and build on the experiences you have personally had, then develop innovative ways to solve their engineering problems.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision-making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end (with lots of support), but if you want to swim, you have much opportunity. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
- Experience in testing, development, and deployment of engineering tools and calculators
- Experience in generating parametric CAD modeling using Solidworks.
- Proficient in the creation of part models, assembly models, and drawings.
- Generate and support the usage of re-usable Solidworks master geometry models.
- Use Solidworks API (C# or VBA) to configure and automate the master geometry models
- Import/Export data from various PDM/PLM database systems
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, and other database tools
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to clearly organize thoughts and/or document content and convey complex concepts effectively regardless of audience
We’re excited to talk to you if:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering degree
- 5-6 years of experience in CAD customization
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Programming experience using Solidworks API
- Programming experience with C#, Java, or Visual Basic
- Exposure to Mechanical-CAD (E.g., SolidWorks)
- Exposure to PDM / PLM
- Exposure to data/information management systems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytic skills including Root Cause Analysis, Strength of Materials, Statics
- Like to work in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Compensation Type: Salaried
Reports to: Project Lead