Position – Engineer I – Structural/Thermal-Fluid Engineering
Company – Pratt & Whitney
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We are seeking an Entry level Structural and Thermo-Fluid Engineers to work at our India Engineering Center campus in Bengaluru, India. The successful candidate will join the Engine Module Center (EMC) and Aerothermal-Fluids (ATF) teams to provide production and field support for our operational commercial engine hardware.
- Completion of entry level trainings and assignments on time
- Understand various structural and thermo-fluids requirements & technical processes of gas turbine hardware.
- Learn and apply sophisticated modeling and analysis tools in proficient manner.
- Learn and incorporate new ways to advance technology and improve processes as an individual and as a team contributor.
- Perform state-of-the-art ANSYS finite element analysis for stress, vibration, determination of low cycle fatigue life and residual life (fracture mechanics) prediction.
- Perform aero thermal systems analysis to understand component behaviors.
- Design of compressor thermal features including rotor, stator, and casing shapes
- Participate as an active member in cross-discipline integrated product teams to provide design solutions that balance performance, cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Provide analytical aftermarket support to maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services.
- Embrace a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Ability to write clear substantiation documentation, as well as to create and provide impactful, persuasive technical presentations to internal and external customers.
- Develop and sustain a healthy work relationship based on mutual trust with peers, internal and external customers where significant interaction is expected.
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using CORE tools and support AS9100D efforts.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Master’s degree in any specializations of Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with industry experience up to 1 year
- 2021, 2022 & 2023 pass outs with Master’s degree from Premium institutes
- Exposure to Structural and Thermal design & analysis experience
- Exposure utilizing ANSYS or any other FEA software.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to understand the interactions of complex assemblies and how to translate those interactions into sound analytical assumptions.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of NX and Teamcenter tools.
- Knowledge of Gas turbine working principles.
- Knowledge of any programing languages.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis
- Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.