Pratt & Whitney is Hiring | Engineer – Design Engineering |
Position – Engineer II – Design Engineering
Company – Pratt & Whitney
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole – best – selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney, a leading producer of the world’s most advanced gas turbine engines, is looking for design engineers to become part of our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the skills and motivation to bring new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you.
A division of Raytheon Technologies, Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products. Founded by Frederick Rentschler in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1925, Pratt & Whitney’s first aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry. It was the innovative air-cooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time. Pratt & Whitney has been a leading innovator in aircraft propulsion and power systems ever since.
We are seeking a Design Engineer to work at our India Engineering Center campus in Bengaluru, India. The successful candidate will join the Compression Systems Engineering Design team to provide production and field support for our operational commercial engine Fan, Low Pressure Compressor, and High Pressure Compressor components. This includes airfoils, rotors, shafts, cases, seals, and actuation linkage systems.
- Develop innovative and technically sound design solutions within program schedule milestones.
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Understand technical processes and design requirements of gas turbine hardware.
- Learn and apply sophisticated solid modeling and analysis tools in a highly proficient manner.
- Utilize standard work, Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and other tools to continuously improve design processes.
- Communicate with team leadership and management on status and risks to program schedule and metrics.
- Bachelor’s in science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years’ of prior relevant experience.
- High proficiency in Unigraphics, MS Office, Teamcenter, and SAP is desired.
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills.
- Significant interaction with internal and external customers is expected.
- Communication skills and assertiveness are key qualities to possess.
- Proficiency in analysis tools such as ANSYS and Workbench.
- Automated design optimization skills are a plus.
- Candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Broad understanding of hardware, drawings, and manufacturing methods.
- Green/Black Belt six sigma certification is also a plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.