Position – Engineer I, Compression Systems Aero Thermal Fluids Systems
Company – Pratt & Whitney
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through the diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole – best – selves at work because trust, respect, and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
A division of Raytheon Technologies, Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products. Founded by Frederick Rentschler in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1925, Pratt & Whitney’s first aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry. It was the innovative air-cooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time. Pratt & Whitney has been a leading innovator in aircraft propulsion and power systems ever since.
We are seeking an Aero Thermal Fluids Engineer to work at our India Engineering Center (IEC) campus in Bengaluru, India. The successful candidate will join Aero-Thermal Fluid (ATF) team for compression systems to provide production and field support for our operational commercial engine components.
Specific responsibilities include creating thermal and air system designs of Fan and Compressor components for aircraft gas turbines that meet aggressive design cycle time and component performance targets. Opportunities exist to work on a wide range of products and technical initiatives, including three-dimensional flow analysis, thermal designs, and compressor air system enhancements. The candidate can expect to work in all phases of the design cycle including work from initial concept optimization phase, preliminary design phase, critical design phase, validation, and production/field support. Multiple levels of design and analysis tools will be used including 1-D flow maps up to complex 3D CFD flow field modeling.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing compressor aero thermal systems analysis
- Design of compressor thermal features including rotor, stator, and casing shapes
- Review and analysis of engine test data
- Supporting closure of key technical issues
- Working in teams with other engineers to improve technical capability.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and trending skills.
- Focus on results and the ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Awareness about gas turbine engine
- M.S/M.Tech/M.E degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering required with 0-1 years’ experience with gas turbine heat transfer and/or secondary flow engineering.
- Or B.S/B.Tech/B.E degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering required with 0-3 years’ experience with gas turbine heat transfer and/or secondary flow engineering.
- Travel up to 10%
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that the responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.