Spread the love
Position – Design Engineer (Routings)
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for the design of flexible routings for Off-Road Vehicles
- Design routings to maximize volume and space clearances while minimizing impact from environmental and NVH conditions
- Understand and enhance routing engineering standards, specifications, and lessons learned.
- Support Routing Integration Engineers with routing updates.
- Work with Routing Integration Engineers on project goals and product specifications.
- Participate in routing design reviews.
- Contribute to routing peer team meetings and FMEA meetings.
- Support presentations in key design gate meetings.
- Support manufacturing with problem resolution and assembly-friendly new product designs.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure routing process documentation is up to date and accurate for ORV products.
- Provide vehicle routing technical support to the product development team.
- Benchmark tools and processes related to system routings and propose integration within engineering.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required.
- 4 + years of experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package and/or 3-D routing programs required, Creo Parametric / Pro Engineer preferred. (piping, 1+ year exp) (cabling, harnessing 2+ years exp)
- 1 plus year of light bracketry design experience
- Windchill/PRS experience
- Experience in vehicle routings including but not limited to the following: electrical harnesses, fuel lines, coolant lines, oil lines, and HVAC.
- Flattening & drafting at a harness design experience level
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, and experience with engineering standards preferred.
- Work independently in a general direction.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Creative, innovative, decisive, and prone to action.
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Quality and customer-focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint experience required.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with the global team.
- International Travel to the United States may be required (less than 10%).
Spread the love