Position – Mechanical Designer
Company – Philips
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
In this role, you have the opportunity toCarry out, independently and according to own judgement, targeted development assignments, develop parts of a new product according to technical specifications on basis of familiar technologies. Develop materials and techniques. Prepares design releases.
You are responsible for
- Help execute multi-disciplinary analysis and design activities to improve performance, safety and cost of the system;
- The mechanical solutions in major projects, which have a mid- to long-term character, are complex, and can be divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems.
- Within new product introduction projects and product life cycle activities you contribute to requirements, integral design, implementation, test and integration in accordance with the higher level specifications. Including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders such as operations and procurement;
- Ensure that there is proper documentation for the design (e.g. Design calculations, FMEA, Field data analysis, verification reporting);
- Ensure the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification;
- Contribute to the sourcing strategy including make-buy decisions, supplier selection, and contract management.
You are a part of
You will be part of the Mechatronics Development Cluster in the R&D organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems Business Unit within Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g., balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in either mechanical or biomechanical engineering with 5 years of professional experience preferable in medical product development or other regulated product development (automotive, pharma).
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Creo (pro/ENGINEER)
- Affinity with Mechatronics
- Robust knowledge of design controls and risk management standards.
- Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing (medical) products to the market
- Experience with Regulatory aspects, preferable in medical device (ISO13485, FDA)
- Translating customer needs into technical requirements and then create mechatronic solutions
- Experience in working in design teams
- Excellent communication skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed to your preferences:
- A competitive salary
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)