Philips is Hiring | Engineering Technician |
Position – Engineering Technician
Company – Philips
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
The successful candidate will:
- Providing specialized knowledge of generic services and the surrounding organization, to contribute to optimization of development output.
- Making a choice from different testing possibilities and adapting known solutions, based on experience and basic analysis.
- Identifying the issues in non-straightforward situations, while assessing each, using standard procedures and co-decides.
- Calculating dimensions and carrying out changes to test equipment.
- Completing testing tasks from the direction of engineers, with minimal guidance.
- Working with engineers to gain product knowledge and advanced testing experience.
- Staying on top of good lab and documentations practices.
- Working cross functionally with different facilities and providing updated communications regarding the status of equipment being tested.
- Operates within partly standardized ways of working and procedures with intermediate supervision regarding results.
- Providing support that influences the output of parts of the development organization or laboratory.
- Support and work collaboratively with external teams to verify system performance.
- Perform system and component engineering testing while also identifying and solving problems in testing setups.
- Execute intended use testing on automated testing tools.
- Conduct early dry run testing of system verification test procedures to ensure their high accuracy as well as provide timely information on product performance to the project team.
- Assist engineers as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Assist in product ensign, development, and production.
- Build and set up test equipment.
- Prepare and conduct experiments.
- Calculate or record results during experiments.
- Assist in the creation of prototypes of equipment.
- Operate and maintain test equipment.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Ensure that all verification activities are conducted in accordance with Quality System requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Self-responsibility and commitment in meeting project objectives and ensuring system verification activities are conducted with timeliness, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Determination and sound technical judgment in problem solving and seeking solutions.
- Ability to communicate risks that may develop, issues that may arise, or ideas on opportunities for improvement.
The successful candidate will become:
- Highly knowledgeable in the technical and operational aspects of ventilator products.
- Proficient in the approaches, test tools and test equipment used in the system-level testing of ventilator products.
- Familiar with internal Quality System requirements and FDA guidelines for medical device verification.
We are looking for
- University degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics engineering or equivalent experience within a V&V lab
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a V&V Lab, supporting electro-mechanical medical devices and documenting within an ERP system (SAP is a plus)
- Experience working with automated test software (LabView knowledge preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Prior experience in pneumatic circuits and their circuits and components would be preferred.
- Experience working within regulated (preferred)
In return, we offer you
Describe in two to three lines what tangible and intangible benefits the incumbent will gain in this role. Use our Employer Value Proposition (EVP) themes and information gathered in the RSM as input sources.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There’s a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.