Position – Manager – VAVE
Exp. – 5 to 10 years
- Provide tactical and daily direction for lighting division product solutions for opportunities in Value Add/ Value Engineering. Lead cost reduction projects from design to implementation; communicates expectations, plans, and requirements and also coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects. He should have sound knowledge on Mechanical Luminaire Design -Thermal Management, Plastic flow analysis, Sheet metal, Castings. Good Knowledge on Should Costing Methodologies.
- Manage multiple projects/programs/teams related to value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) through execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives and expand/grow business, build customer relations, influence, negotiate to set realistic expectations with global stakeholders. Accurately forecast and deliver monthly OPEX and CAPEX actuals within assigned target ranges.
- Manage the capital and operational expenditures of team, Initial concept testing and validation, Timeliness – Measured in areas of Initial Validation, Gate 0 to Gate, and Gate 2 commitments, Accuracy of reporting, Detail, precise, yet concise communications, Capability maturity of team, Technical Capability Assessment
- Recruit and retain a team of engineers to provide product development and engineering services to the Global engineering needs on VAVE.
- Support existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution.
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications. Manages technical proposals and develop accurate estimates.
- Review reliability predictions, and Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD results. Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations .
- Champion Program-reviews for the group and leverage SMEs to conduct the Technical-reviews. Review, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products. Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required.
- Deploys employee development plans and continually elevates the capabilities of the team. Actively discuss, capture, and train on Lessons Learned while continuing to build the VAVE Book of Knowledge.
- Requires a Bachelors or Master s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) with 10+ years of relevant experience with few years in leadership & people management.
- A minimum of 4+ years of people management experience required, with a minimum 5 years experience in full product development life cycle on multiple projects including requirements, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification for Electrical applications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience,
- Creative/innovative thinking. Minimum 5 years experience in full product development life cycle on multiple projects including requirements, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification for Electrical applications.
- Sound technical mentor and expert tech reviewer in domain. Review and approve design proposals based on requirements /statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers.
- Proven track record to execute new product development, Value Add/Value Engineering & Sustaining Projects
- Strong multi-tasker who is able to change course quickly. Experience working on designing & development of Lighting Products applications, Strong technical experience in – New Product development, Sheet metal & Plastic design, 2D / 3D CAD package (Solid Works, Creo, AutoCAD) and manufacturing.
- Should have strong knowledge about drawings, dimensioning standards, tolerance standards & stack-up, engineering calculations, complete system / component sizing, modeling and simulation, strong Analytical skills – understanding mechanical stresses, fatigue life, part fits, a
- Establishing efficient, ergonomic methods of assembly, designing of mechanical parts which are manufactured, Good understanding of ECAD and MCAD collaboration, PLM & SAP PLM system, requirements management for documentation control and workflow.
- Good knowledge of regulatory and industry standard like ASME Y14.100, UL, IEC, NEMA etc.He should have good knowledge on should costing (APriori Software)
Philips has been revolutionizing lighting for over 125 years. We pioneered the world-changing development of electric light and LED, and are now leading the way in intelligent lighting systems. Our deep understanding of how lighting positively affects people enables us to deliver innovations that unlock new business value to our customers. We offer rich lighting experiences that make people feel safe, comfortable, focused, energized, and entertained. As Philips Lighting, we are leading the ongoing development of connected lighting systems and services. By leveraging the Internet of Things, we are transforming buildings, urban places, and homes. To increase energy efficiency, and manage working environments in a more environmentally friendly way. To make cities safer and more responsive. To help our healing and improve our well-being. And to create experiences at home like never before.