Position – Senior Engineer – Product Compliance
Exp. – 5 to 9 years
- Create requirements for compliance test plans and coordinate testing through internal compliance lab (CTDP). Develop rationale for testing requirements to satisfy safety requirements through UL, CSA, ETL, or other compliance or energy efficiency program requirement.
- Analyzes and interprets engineering requirements and components to support PDR (MTO) orders.
- Coordinates and implements product testing at internal and NRTL test labs to include follow-up submittals and product development to comply with safety standards and to satisfy product introduction dates
- Prepares and writes product procedures reflecting critical components and assembly so that field inspectors can identify approved parts and components.
- Works with the factory inspectors to include solving day-to-day problems relative to material disposition, labeling, and overall coordination of field effort.
- Analyzes and evaluates test data to include the recommendation and evaluation of design values, feasibility of product manufacture and sales potential.
- Analyze and verify drawings prepared for special product applications and adaptations to insure they meet product specifications and construction review
- NEC (National Electric Code) interpretation to support field service requests
- Resolve variation notices from manufacturing sites to bring the product that has deviated back into compliance
- Should act as “go-to” person for interpretation / application of safety standard(s) clauses
- Develop upon request official communications to AHJ or customers that state or clarify the products compliance status.
- Develop and track metrics to measure project deliverables. Document cost reductions and/or cost avoidances.
- Reviews drawings, calculations, and specification of products and components for accracy. Reviews drawings, calculations, and specification of products and components for accuracy.
- Requires a Bachelors or Master s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) with 5+ years of relevant product compliance and certification.
- A minimum of 5+ years of extensive experience in UL, CSA, and ETL standards and certifications.
- Experience in capturing requirements for compliance test plans Creative/innovative thinking.
- Should able to utilize standard s exemptions and provide engineering rational to waive testing.
- Experience in reviewing designs/schematics/drawings from a compliance perspective.
- Coordinate testing through internal/external compliance lab.
- Experience in Lighting/Luminaire, Lighting Control or Lighting-Related products preferable
- Demonstrated ability to technically work with cross-functional teams & provide solutions.
- Strong analytical skills
Philips has been revolutionizing lighting for over 125 years. We pioneered the world-changing development of electric light and LED, and are now leading the way in intelligent lighting systems. Our deep understanding of how lighting positively affects people enables us to deliver innovations that unlock new business value to our customers. We offer rich lighting experiences that make people feel safe, comfortable, focused, energized, and entertained. As Philips Lighting, we are leading the ongoing development of connected lighting systems and services. By leveraging the Internet of Things, we are transforming buildings, urban places, and homes. To increase energy efficiency, and manage working environments in a more environmentally friendly way. To make cities safer and more responsive. To help our healing and improve our well-being. And to create experiences at home like never before.