Position – Buyer – Indirect Sourcing: Cooper Lighting Solutions
Exp. – 4 to 7 years
- Drive procurement for all Indirect commodities like Facility services, office services, Travel, IT, Professional services, MRO and Prototyping.
- Monitor and maximize the Total Cost of Ownership and Savings for all the assigned commodities.
- Perform activities of Purchasing Functions with responsibility for obtaining Material, Equipment & Services at competitive prices & satisfactory quality levels through selection of quality Vendors.
- Support/Drive overall strategy for sourcing function processes and capabilities to deliver high performance, on – time delivery in line with the business objectives & stakeholder needs
- Sound knowledge of various machining and manufacturing processes, awareness of different type of materials. Expertise in Negotiation, Procurement process, PPAP, Gd&T, and Quality Tools
- Capability to develop external ecosystem to speed up prototyping timelines/Communication skills to deal with prototype vendors
- Develop & deploy functional improvement strategies by initiating DMAIC \ LEAN initiatives & implementing best practices
- Demonstrate very high level of Integrity and Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold suppliers accountable for ethical conduct in all the transactions.
- Drive prototyping during design validation stage with exploration of new technology suppliers such as additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping.
- Engineering Graduate (Mechanical/Electrical are preferred)
- At least 5+ year experience in Indirect Sourcing with at least 2 years in new product development/prototyping
- P2P process for Indirect Material and Services
- Contract management, Negotiation, Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, Customs clearance
- Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
- Influencing the team, peers and other technology & business leaders
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;