Position – Rotating Equipment Engineer I
Company – Petrofac
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Join our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Rotating Equipment Engineer I – Mechanical to be based in Mumbai.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcomed from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
Scope of Responsibilities
Operate as part of a team of engineer and designers in carrying out detailed engineering works and provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets and within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Prepare Mechanical Data Sheets including equipment sizing, identification of equipment specifications and equipment interface including compressors, pumps, turbines, controls, power supply, utility requirements, environmental regulation requirements and other equipment assessments. Define metallurgy specifications in accordance to process requirements.
- Provide inputs for preparation of plot plans, organize issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) and coordinate with other engineering disciplines for integration of data inputs.
- Prepare Inquiry Requisitions; participate in the technical evaluation of bid offers. Prepare Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), review design calculation, fabrication drawings and other related documents.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Check supplier design calculations using PV ELITE or other applicable software. Review supplier quality plans, ensure supplier equipment’s compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications. Obtain approval for commencement of equipment manufacture from LDE.
- Meet with Supplier representatives; visit supplier works for review of documents / attending FATs etc., when required.
- Meet with vendor representatives; inspect vendor works and workshops when required.
- Perform departmental duties as and when directed by Supervisors
Minimum Job Requirement
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 2 years of in house Graduate Training Programme or 4 years petrochemical experience preferably from a background in working for consultancy organizations in the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry