Position – Field Service Engineer
Company – Pall
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
- Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased efficiency, decreased downtime, regular Calibration and Preventive Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Pall Corporation technical staff. A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company.
- Call Set-up and Closure – FSE’s are responsible for accurately adding Service Calls into Pall’s Service Management System (SMS), scheduling visits and closing service calls at the time of completion. These actions drive accurate customer invoicing, relieve inventories of parts used and ultimately drives to our objective of accurate reporting for business management purposes.
- Drives a sense of ownership and urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a “first time fix”.
- Excellent follow-up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations and close all outstanding issues – takes charge of customer issues and services as the primary customer contact for issue resolution.
- Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
- Managing Call Escalations – ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
- Responsible for training customer personnel in the operation/maintenance of Pall Systems
Financial Management & Growth
- Excellent sales ability measured by the attainment of revenue goal by individual and their territory. This includes annual growth of Field Service Maintenance Agreements, monthly time and material billing and the support of sales initiatives through lead generation.
- Achieve annual revenue target with expected year-over-year growth targets set at beginning of each calendar year.
- Manage individual expenses with on time monthly submission of expense reports.
- Completion of weekly scheduling reports and participation in all Team calls.
- Able to effectively position Service offerings and agreements on both existing and new equipment
- Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture
- Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly critical metrics
- Proactively seeks out opportunities for improvement within the team and organization
- Acts as a champion of Danaher Business System (DBS) and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements
- Value Selling: demonstrate an understanding of our service offerings and convey that value to customer drive more business
- Service Leads: ability to manage customer accounts and when accessing accounts, learn from customer where we can add more value by offering services (e.g. rental units, consumables, service on other equipment, etc.).
- Equipment leads: leverage internal tools and partners to generate new equipment leads to support Sales growth
- Partner with sales to support current sales initiatives to drive growth
- Bachelors (ideally in a technical or engineering discipline) or Military equivalent or equivalent technical education/experience
- 2-3 years of prior field service experience in related field is helpful
- Highly computer literate, especially in MS-Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP a plus)
- Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Commercial experience, including direct selling of products or services
- Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting, theory and application
- Valid driver’s license and valid current passport required.
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally) 50-80%
- Team attitude to work with and support FSE’s and service team members.
- Inclination and ability to listen to stakeholders (e.g. Customers, Sales, Customer Service) and generate meaningful insights.
- Successfully deliver results while quickly adapting to changing priorities and unforeseen challenges.
- Sense of Urgency – must have the drive/motivation to take action. Must be able to prioritize daily activities and resolve requires immediate attention.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills – must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers.
- Good documentation practices and basic knowledge/understanding of GMP.
- Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator.
- Ability to adapt – must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a FSE
- Has some experience in servicing Biotech instruments
- throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a strong preference
- Person having experience in Bioreactors service and commissioning will get preference
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.