Position – Sr. Associate Engineer – Battery
Company – Ola Cabs
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Ola has revolutionized personal mobility by making it seamless and accessible. Today Ola is amongst the world’s leading mobility companies serving 250 million customers
across 3 continents. Our electric vehicles business is the next step in our mission to move the world to sustainable mobility. We believe that India with its unique skill sets, manpower and demography, should not just lead the global movement towards electric vehicles but be the driving force that creates this change.
To accelerate this, we’re investing nearly Rs 2,400 crores to build the world’s largest two wheeler factory, which will have the capacity to manufacture over 10M electric two wheelers a year and will create over 10,000 jobs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, suppliers, manufacturing, testing and validation team on complete lifecycle of project.
- Generate and review 2D, 3D and analytical models.
- Develop and maintain the Design Validation Plan and Report (DVP&R) including supplier testing plans, and ensure sign-off tests are completed on schedule
- Troubleshoot and resolve all validation issues
- Support Purchasing team in sourcing and RFQ activities, maintain BOM.
- Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical)
- Proven experience in development of gear trains/transmissions and housings.
Experiences & Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in gear train simulation and design (number of gears, gear ratios, packaging) as per DIN and ISO standards
- Durability/lifetime (gear design, bearing design, lubrication)
- Casing design in castings and material selection.
- Seals (shaft seals, gearbox case seals/gaskets, venting)
- EV gearbox knowhow will be added advantage.
- NVH from gear mesh, power loss calculations.
- Working knowledge of GD&T, FMEA, DVP&R, DFSS, DFA, DFM, APQP, VAVE and problem resolution (8D, Ishikawa diagrams, etc.) CAD tools like NX ,CATIA
- Geartrain simulation using Kissoft , Romax
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively