Position – Quality Manager
National Oilwell Varco
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
- Responsible for all quality functions. Implementation and maintain the QMS, communicate customer requirements and standards requirements, Document and implement the procedures, Train employees, Monitor the process performance, Improve the system through CAR / PAR.
- Direct and coordinate compliance with all applicable standards such as ISO 9001, API Specs. Q1/ 6A, 16A & 16C, and other applicable product/customer requirements. Establish the overall requirements for QA specifications and standards for materials, processes, and finished products.
- Provide continual evaluation of the group’s processes and methods, to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment
- Continually monitor and control inspection operations to ensure compliance with applicable quality control documents.
- Assure accurate records such as traceability, process control, functional test, demonstrations, etc. are maintained.
- Assure test functions are performed in a manner consistent with applicable requirements and quality procedures.
- Authorized to make decisions on company behalf on Quality matters with customers, suppliers, certification agencies, and regulatory authority bodies.
- To ensure that internal audits are planned and carried out.
- To perform investigations in the event of system failure, incidents and to identify corrective and/or preventive action required to be put in place and the implementation thereof.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Communicate with all related department employees / Customers / Certification agencies
- Any other responsibility as reasonably delegated by higher management.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- To take the responsibility as a Management Representative for the preparation, accreditation, and implementation of ISO 9001/API Q1 standard,
- To create awareness to employees on Integrated Management System, Quality Policies & Objectives.
- To liaise with regulatory agencies and customers.
- To benchmark the improvement standard for Quality
- Plan and execute the training as required
- Document the procedures / WIs as required
- Risk assessment and MOC as applicable
- Welding procedures. Welder Qualification
- Collect data, analyze data and communicate to the concerned for the actions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduated in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Quality. At least 5 years in Oil and Gas
- Must have at least 3-5 years’ experience as Manager
- Must be familiar with ISO and API requirements
- Must be familiar with ASME SEC IX and NDT processes
- Familiar with ASTM standards
- Must have computer skill
- Set up and maintain QMS
- To ensure the customer gets quality products and their satisfaction levels are maintained high
- Training to all concerned persons as per IMS
- Monitor and improve the cost of quality
- Implement relevant international standards for improvement
- Team / Unit contribution
- Customer Focus
- Functional / Technical skills
- NDT , Basic Welding knowledge, ASTM Standards, ASME Sec IX