Position – Principal Engineer – Mechanical (HVAC)
Company – Mott MacDonald
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
The successful candidate will be based in our Bangalore office.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for planning and design of all building services elements of the particular discipline.
- Be responsible for concept design based on evaluation of various options in coordination with architectural, structural input and in accordance with initial load estimates.
- Do design calculations and quantity estimation.
- Ensure all design work is carried out in accordance with Company’s quality standard procedures.
- Ensure checking of all design output and seamless coordination between other sections/disciplines.
- Guide design team for completing deliverables within time limits.
- Effective task management through performance management of design engineers and CAD Technicians.
- Ensure accountability and delivery as also profitability by monitoring design cost.
- Actively share knowledge and experience with other staff in the section and organization particularly to help coach and develop more junior staff.
Candidate SpecificationCandidate should :
- Be B.E./ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Have extensive experience in HVAC design, in senior roles of increasing responsibility and project complexity.
- Have experience in high rise buildings/shopping malls/hotels/metro projects etc.,
- Be proficient in HVAC software like HAP, HEVACOMP, etc., for calculating space cooling and heating loads, ducting and piping design, equipment selection, ventilation systems, smoke extraction system,car park/kitchen ventilation system, stairwall pressurization etc.,
- Be well versed in reviewing and checking of drawings and calculations.
- Have experience preparation of reports such as design basis, concept, schematic etc., and technical specifications.
- Have good awareness and knowledge in developing BOQ.
- Have familiarity with local authority codes and regulations such as of local Municipality, Civil Defence, Environmental Authority ect., of countries in which the candidate has job experience.
- Have good knowledge of relevant international codes and regulations such as ASHRAE/CIBSE/BS/BSEN/BSRIA etc.,
- Have knowledge in sustainable, green building design practices and rating guidelines.
- Be able to handle design independently and guide a team of Engineers and technicians/modellers and do time and resource management.
- Have good oral and written communication skills and liaise with clients directly.
- Mott MacDonald is a leader in the adoption of BIM and therefore the use of Revit/AECOism would be highly regarded.
Job ProfileWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.