Spread the love
Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- You Know Molex… You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world’s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
- About us… At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow’s breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
- We are currently building our in-house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Design Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
- In the Connected Mobility Business Unit, we are at the forefront of the connected car movement. From innovative products like high-speed USB and LVDS signaling to mini-coax and 25Gb+ Ethernet solutions, we design and manufacture products that enable flawless data transfer within the next generation of autonomous and connected vehicles.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead the design engineering of the new and existing connector and terminal products from concept to production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads development efforts in new connectors, terminals, crimp, and cable assemblies (e.g. LVDS, USB, Coaxial, STQ, Ethernet, etc.) for high-speed data transmission used in autonomous vehicles and automotive infotainment systems.
- Perform gap analysis for BOM and test per customer requirements and automotive test specifications (e.g. USCAR, GMW, FCA, IEC, LV214, ISO, Ford, EIA, etc.) against Molex’s product requirements and conduct a cross-functional risk assessment (e.g. DFMEA, DRBFM, etc.) to develop and execute on a project.
- Responsible for creating validation test plans, overseeing test execution, report documentation, and presenting results to the customer.
- Responsible to lead failure analysis studies to resolve test failures and implement systemic corrective actions.
- Responsible for analyzing customer requirements and identify, assess, notify, and develop a risk mitigation plan, and clearly communicate with customers and Molex product development team through technical presentations.
- Follow all Product Development Phases required to bring concepts into production and continually improve the product and process.
- Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures. Supports other engineers in the department by checking drawings and provides mark-up for corrections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent degree or experience
- Five or more years of connector / cable assembly design or design equivalent and product development experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- The strong project leading and team collaboration
- Knowledge of the Product development process for High-Speed cable assemblies
- Strong Knowledge of cable assembly validation process definition and results verification.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as the lead of the project
- Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/DFA) Experience
- Strong team collaboration and a clear sense of urgency
- Problem-solving skills using systematic tools (8D, fishbone, cause/effect diagrams, DFMEA)
- Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets, presentation, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to explain complex technical cable assembly and test concepts to others
- CAD skills (2D and 3D)
- Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance studies, statistical analysis, and FEA
Spread the love