Position – Graduate Engineer Trainee
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Supports on New product design and development, Sustenance engineering, Create Design FMEA, supports correlation activities, supports FEA and Lightpipe simulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for execution of NPD/MOD assigned and meet the set targets.
- Follow the PDP process. Work collaboratively with the Requestors, Peers, Supervisors, PM’s, other engineering groups.
- Responsible for understanding and working towards meeting VOC, by closely working with product management.
- Facilitate and conduct conceptual reviews, DFM reviews, DFMEA/PFMEA reviews, Design reviews, phase gate reviews, etc.
- Works on FEA and Lightpipe simulations on a need basis.
- Responsible for creating Concept models, drawings, product specifications, DVPR, test summary.
- Conduct Tolerance analysis & stack-up analysis on the NPD
- Responsible evaluation of new tools for better productivity
- Understand, aim, and achieve organization/department/self-goals.
- Show value creation, productivity improvement, and continual improvements.
- Responsible for working on CAD tools like NX/ECTR, Engineering change tools – SAP, presentation tools – PowerPoint, analytic tools – Microsoft excel, etc.
- Responsible for self-planning of work based on organizational priorities by closely working with Manager.
- Imbibe quality in every action/work performed.
- Encourage team for Innovative ideas/product suggestions.
- Ensure and encourage Team participation in Knowledge sharing on Technologies and Products.
- Support on optimizing the existing product with continuous improvement.
- Support the Advanced Engineering Team on NPD and MOD projects
- Create Concept models, Drawings & DVPR’s
- Conduct Stack up analysis
- Evaluates Tools/services
- Supports FEA and Correlation activities
- REQUIRED:BE/M Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- REQUIRED: 0 to 1 years of design and product development experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent understanding of Physics and Engineering Mechanics
- Excellent drawing reading skills
- Skills in NX and Hypermesh preferable
- Understanding of product development process would be advantageous
- Good Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance studies, statistical analysis, and FEA would be advantageous
- Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/DFA) understanding would be advantageous
- Strong & Effective oral and written communication
- Confident and capable of handling conference calls.
- A self-driven and quick learner.
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills using systematic tools (8D, fishbone, cause/effect diagrams)
- Alignment to MBM philosophy
- Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets, presentation, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to others