Position – Post Graduate Engineer Trainee
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Provide packaging design and development services to divisions and business units. It could be start from new product, current product or the improvement in packaging
- Primarily responsible to support Divisions on Packaging design and development, including PK drawing & model creation.
- Perform Packaging design using Molex standard, and considerate end to end supply chain optimization
- Work closely with the Global Logistics, Product Divisions, Industrial Engineer, Product Engineer and Packaging Engineer(plant).
- Work closely with divisions on drop tests, vibrations tests, pallet test etc.
- Review meeting with respective stake holder from design concept to production drawing release
- Maintain packaging database globally. Ensure all packaging data is being captured from design until test reports
- Ensuring the packaging design is according to Molex standard if the design is done by vendor or Molex PD
- Develop & maintain awareness of emerging design technologies in the packaging industry.
- Develop standard packaging design flow, standard packaging material selection globally.
- Monitoring the Quality and delivery of outputs with in specified time and implementing corrections to the processes if necessary.
- Planning,prioritising,solving problems,reporting progress and executing established project objectives
- Investigate and develop technologies to increase Molex capabilities, reduce costs and leverage corporate skills
- Document policies, procedures and standards to facilitate consistent practices throughout the world and provide a vehicle for employee training
- Support for Molex ISO/QS certifications and Molex TQM policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor in Packaging Engineering/ Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial Production)with diploma in packaging, Other Technical/
Professional Qualification :
- Min 1-4 years in Engineering Packaging and Logistics Packaging with demonstrated packaging development experience.
Skill Sets & Competencies :
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in packaging engineering, problem solving tools, use of statistical tools, electronics module component, cable product, medical devices etc
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing, FMEA, DOE and Validations will be advantages
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, ISTA, etc.)
- Broad knowledge in packaging design, example: Tape & Reel, Tray, Tube, Partition, Foam, Paper board, Corrugated & Pallet.
- Sound knowhow in ESD, Antistatic pacakaging
- Good Knowledge of NX Cad Tool
- Basic design skill sets and ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Proficiency in desktop tools like MS-office tools, Power BI and Web development tools
- Additional knowledge on any othe CAD tools like Solid works or Creo
- Expertise in NX Sheet metal modeling
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”